You don't seem to be as happy anymore!?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have been told by some in the cong that I don't seem to be as happy anymore..."what's wrong?" They ask....

I feel like screaming out "I'm not happy because I'm going insane living a sham fake life stuck in the org pretending to be a good ms and witness!"

I really do feel it is taking a toll on me...and even the damn bros and sis are now seeing it!

And I have always been a happy, focused, active member of the cong...involved with all activities.....so I guess it is indeed noticeable?

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Leave. It will get much worse for you if you stay.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Not being happy is a normal human reaction. It occurs when you realize that you have been repeatedly lied to. Only the fearful and prideful ( yes, prideful because they are afraid to look stupid or admit they were suckered) hide their feelings of being hurt. JWs are one of the most fearful, pride-filled and bigoted religions, so it's no wonder that they refuse to see the elephant in the room.

Just tell that you are sad to see so many Elderly ones dying off right and left. Tell them you were always told that you would never get old, but the WTBTS now writes articles about how to care for our "new generation" of elderly ones. A generation that you were told would never exist. After all, if YOU were to never get much older, then the same should have held true for your parents and grand-parents. Sadly, the WTBTS now writing WT and KM articles about the inevitable consequences of old age.

Tell everyone. Then tell them that it's very depressing to you, be honest. Step down from your position. You will be so much happier and you may cause others to think and face their Cog-diss. It sounds like you need to take the next step in your fade.

DD

• blondie
    blondie

So did they come up with any specific examples of unhappiness or did they just toss out a lure to make you defensive?

They might be observing that you are pulling back and assume that you must be unhappy..after all no one leaving the WTS could be happy, right?

I would say, "I have no idea why you think that" and just move on.

• cantleave
  • phats
    phats

It's because you're letting Satan into your life you know.

Happyness can only be found in the LO (Loving organization)

I thought everyone new that.

Phats

• cha ching
    cha ching

Dear StuckinaRut....

I feel so sorry for you.. It is hard to live a lie. I think Data's suggestion of 'gently' introducing a reason for sadness, then not going so much, 'for health reasons' is a possible idea.

Do you "have need to travel" (lol) in another job? Get other friends? Start building a network of real life support for 'after the bomb hits.'

Enjoy the new, free life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• designs
    designs

Rather than believe that Sky Catain will come riding to the rescue a understanding that we have very serious problems in the world that need our greatest efforts to address sort of wipes that silly grin stuff off your face.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DATA-DOG: Just tell that you are sad to see so many Elderly ones dying off right and left. Tell them you were always told that you would never get old, but the WTBTS now writes articles about how to care for our "new generation" of elderly ones. A generation that you were told would never exist. After all, if YOU were to never get much older, then the same should have held true for your parents and grand-parents. Sadly, the WTBTS now writing WT and KM articles about the inevitable consequences of old age. Tell everyone. Then tell them that it's very depressing to you, be honest.

I love that approach. That's gonna be my new MO.

Doc

• phats
    phats

Wow DATA-DAG.

That's gonna set the tongues a waggin & no mistake.

Phats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit