You don't seem to be as happy anymore!?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SIAR2: I have now got several ideas in mind based on the above suggestions.... I will keep everyone updated.

Please do.

Knowing you, it will be from the sound booth during meeting! ... lol ...

• smiddy
    smiddy

Your obviously not happy ,so why are you still their ? You can leave / fade whatever , but get out of their or lose your marbles.

smiddy

• voodoo lady
    voodoo lady

Perhaps it's a good opportunity to suggest that your "privileges" are taking a toll on you physically and/or emotionally. Of course, they'll worry that you're becoming "spiritually weak" if you take the emotional angle, but could you try summoning up an old injury, or an ailment that straddles both? Something like chronic fatigue? And that wouldn't strictly be a lie because you sound pretty fatigued by the whole situation!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey Oubliette!

Yes, Im off to the sound booth now... hehe

Will update soon!

SIAR@

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, I survived the meeting, and just acted like my usual friendly self with all of my "friends" in the cong.

i didn't act bitter or slighted, even though I know there is a gossip undercurrent going on as people suspect "my lack of spirituality"

I will show them that I am normal and happy, and can survive without their conditional friendships...

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

Hey, I'm new here and this is sort of like me. I'm not old enough to leave the borg so I usually end up looking totally disconnected from everyone and when someone asks what's wrong I have to make up some fake excuse since I can't just say "I'm upset because I was indoctrinated since birth into a religion I want no part of." Hopefully when I'm older I'll be able to fade and leave my fake JW friends, who only like me if I act like a robot and don't think for myself.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome UFCFan. Start making plans for the great escape. You are lucky you worked it out young.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome UFC fan. Not sure how old you are, but its good to know you need to have full mind capacity to live a good life, when you are so young. Use it. Learn all you can. That way when the time coems for you to go, you can do so with a future ahead of you.

Stuckinarut 2,

Your feelings mimic my own at one point so much I might as well be stuckinarut 1. One thing you can for sure do.....is stop being an MS.

My "removal" because I strted getting beligerant apparently, was just the push I needed to sever the ongoing habitual grind. I don't know your curcumstances, or if you are trying to get family out etc...., but be smart about it, and you can still be "in" but express a bit of your freedom. being an MS that is hard.

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I think when I do leave I'll just try and move somewhere far away(maybe Spokane or Portland), and hope nobody from my congregation tries to check and see if I'm going to meetings, which I won't be doing.

• cofty
    cofty

Make plans for education and career - and fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit