You don't seem to be as happy anymore!?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I have been told by some in the cong that I don't seem to be as happy anymore..."what's wrong?" They ask....

Just tell them you accidentally dropped a tract in the toilet while wiping. They'll understand.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with Blondie: “They might be observing that you are pulling back and assume that you must be unhappy.”

When we learn TTATT, we are no long bobbing heads. We don’t smile and nod and gush over Watchtower articles, etc. Our comments (if we comment at all) don’t seem the same. We are deprogramming, breaking the borg’s assimilation of us. To JWs, it seems that we are unhappy, but it’s just that we realize that it’s all BS.

Do you remember that show “Logan’s Run”? If I remember correctly, to keep population down citizens were killed at age 30, but were told they were being renewed in some carousel device. Most happily and blissfully entered the device when their time came. However, a few figured out, so their countenances did not convey bliss and happiness.

So we’ve figured out. We don’t look blissful and happy at meetings anymore. I think that’s what they’re actually noticing about you – you just don’t have that blissful JW look anymore; I know that’s what they’re noticing about me.

I like what DATA-DOG said. You could use this situation to plant some seeds of doubt without sounding like an apostate; you might even elicit some sympathy. You could say something like “Yeah, it’s just so sad seeing a lot of friends and family grow old and die when we thought the new world would have long been here by now. I’m just sad that it seems like this world is going to keep on going. I wish we had been right about the generation teaching as we taught for a long time – that the time limit should have been up by about 1994. I just don’t understand this new generation teaching; it just doesn’t make sense. Does it make sense to you? According to it, the end could be decades away. What about all the JWs who didn’t plan for retirement – who gave up everything to pioneer, etc.? I just get sad thinking about it.”

You could really use the opportunity.

I also like what NAVYTOWN said

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good points all!

yes, planting small comments is a good idea.

so too is "stepping down" as an ms... Truth is I better do it before they get heavy handed anyway.

they have seriously been stalking me too (I know that sounds paranoid, but it's true) I have had several 'elders drop by' randomly....and been followed during the day once.

its like they want a reason to remove me!

thats cool, I'll make it easier for the by "steeping down for family reasons"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit