Kicking the "Gay Habit" at the IC

by breakfast of champions 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJS
    DJS

BackSeat,

Well stated. I agree and thanks.

• rebel8
    rebel8

well I suppose that was to be expected. Conservates are reporting suntanning is as addictive as heroin, cheese is as addictive as drugs too, now gay is just a habit like eating too many Twinkies. This false equivocation is a way to minimize and distract from the truth.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Reminds me of Bill Meher interviewing this pastor that converts gay people! From Religulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDY4QsFqnIQ

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So this brother gave his experience about no longer being gay?

And they believed it?

I bet he was so hyped up from being on the program he probably went trolling at the local establishments that evening for some k ind of reward.

Even if he didn't this Bro knows better than others it's not a habit, that's just the way he is, it's just a matter of how good he thinks he is of hiding it.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"now gay is just a habit like eating too many Twinkies"

Is that a pun?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

BoC: "In my commentary, however, I sarcastically stated it must be difficult to kick the "gay habit" - like quitting smoking or avoiding sugary snacks. Those are my words, not the speakers."

Well, unless the talk was a manuscript, I'm sure a brother somewhere said it... and lots of others thought it.

BoC: "The terms "kicking the gay habit" and "gay habit" were actually used (apparently more than once)"

I wonder if it was a manuscript since the wording has to be tricky. "Kicking the gay habit" sounds strange, but what are the other options? "Get a handle on it"? "Rub it out"? It's like a masturbation talk, you just want them to say, "It can be a long, hard struggle to get the upper hand on masturbation."

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

This wording could be a take on their age-old belief (and current topic of conversation with Rick Perry) that being gay is like alcoholism or addiction... that it's some sort of craving that one can just curve. I can't help to think that, in this sense, the play “Romeo and Juliet” would be somewhat less tragic except in boredom.

It also negates the words of Paul at 1 Corinthians 7:9. This gets more strange as it plays out... as love is love and passion is passion, regardless of the direction of focus the same wires, chemicals, and hormones are activated in the same exact way. So I'm not sure how you can tell a story like Boaz and Ruth when their love was just a habit able to be kicked if they only tried, or how David's love for Johnathan was more a dead weight of addiction than that of personal benefit... but that is what is being suggested.

Now Rick Perry got in trouble because he is using the world's the number one least effective method of addiction recovery with “addiction is a disease.” In fact there has been no scientific evidence that homosexuality or addiction are diseases. Viewing either as such has lead to more problems than it solves (80% plus failure rate). Perry's problem is that if addiction is a disease, than it would be unjust to arrest someone who was in possession of or buying items to alleviate their “disease.” People shouldn't be jailed, they should be sent to the hospital.

It doesn't seem the JWs take it that far, which is good because there is nothing more depressing having people running about thinking that the are diseased and failures rather than just humans with an addiction. But in the alcoholism comparison comes a cheapening and degrading emotional torture that says Paul's words do not apply to YOU... a homosexual. That the completeness that Adam was granted in the garden does not apply to YOU... a homosexual. The emotions that are deemed understandable and forgivable between David and Bathsheba do not apply to YOU... a homosexual.

All these stories and lessons of great men in the bible with their faults and successes does not apply to do not apply to homosexuals.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Not much has changed since 1976:

*** yy chap. 5 p. 39 par. 10 Masturbation and Homosexuality ***

"Contrary to what many persons think, homosexuals are not born that way, but their homosexual behavior is learned."

------------

LOL.

@ skeeter: "now gay is just a habit like eating too many Twinkies". Is that a pun?

Yes, and hiring prostitutes is just a habit like eating too many Ho Ho's.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

I called my exJW gay son and shared that its bad habit he has to kick. He actually laughed as he really tried by pioneering. Didn't work.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"Contrary to what many persons think, homosexuals are not born that way, but their homosexual behavior is learned."

So then the uneducated simpletons known as GB members know something that trained psychological and sociological human behavior academics don't know ?

The fact is homosexual people get sexual excited by thinking about people who are of their own sex ie. men thinking of other men,

woman thinking about other woman.

If that statement were true there would be a lot more gay men in the world for most male teenagers masturbate some time in their lives.

Another observational point is that most likely all the GB members probably masturbated when they were single.

Listening and believing with respect to ignorant poorly educated men is never a good thing to anybody Why ?

Because just spread their ignorance to others resulting in more harm than good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit