"Hello from Phats"

by phats 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

A big howdy from Texas to you, and welcome to the forum.

Glad your family is still together. I feel so bad for many here that have families torn apart by the WTS. My husband and I are "out" together after being in for over thirty years. He was an elder for twenty. Ah, the freedom to do our own thinking!

• phats
    phats

Yes, Neverendingjourney.

As with many cults you have to have been in it to be able to appreciate what people are going through & you are correct, this religion has caused so many to have bad effects through parts of there lives but it is so important to "Stop the rot" as much as you can. Don't allow it to be any more of a negative influence than you can manage at any given time. Keep up the good work Sir & well done, you have gone further than many can go & we all hopefully have a few more yards left in us yet.

Well Jgnat.

I'm cool with that if you are.

Yes Quandrey,

I have seen & been involved with so many casualties over the years in & out. The "LO" (Loving Organization) Has so little capacity for real (humane) affection or compassion for there flock it's scary. It was the founding reason for me leaving. There was no provision for them to yield or bend to help the brothers unless money was involved. It's all bent out of shape. I wanted to join this forum mainly because I have always used the uplifting support network this forum provides because it's participants supply there advise with no alternative gain to be made. + it's not compulsory to follow said advise at pain of death. As with all large groups of people there are good & not so good & I found many of the brothers to be & I believe still to be very good & compassionate people, really lovely people but when you come up against the great machine that is the LO you have a hard jolt of "submit or die" policy. When I was in I used to give it the old "there only imperfect men" thing & all that but when I ever butted heads with the hard noses I wondered how would Jesus react to there ways if he was here. That's why after so many years cutting the LO all this slack I made the cognitive decision to bail on the whole thing. I reckoned that if Jesus was looking after things he even was doing a pretty bad job or he simple wasn't with this organization. Ether way I am out of here. BTW. Yes It is great to be able to finally think for yourself.

Phats

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome Phats, from sunny Wales x

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Phats, I am glad you have found a way to keep your marriage happy and hopefully some day she will see the same things. I am very fortunate because my husband (born in 58 years) and I came out together. Look forward to hearing more from you.

• phats
    phats

Thank you for your kind words Aunt Fancy,

I hope so but it must be for the right reasons. I wouldn't feel so good about it if she was doing it just for me (I know she wouldn't ether as it would have happened by now.)

She needs to see it for what it is, a great big con.

I do live in internal hope though Aunt Fancy so maybe one day something will happen that will start her cognitive reasoning going the other way.

I have learnt though that anything coming from me on the subject dose not get a chance to sink in for to long & it's most probably looked on as my bias against the LO (Loving Organization) & to be frank she would have a point with that.

She needs to do this for herself & if that never happens then I will stay content knowing I was lucky enough to marry the greatest girl I've ever known:)

She's worth it.

Phats.

• blondie
  • redpilltwice
  • phats
    phats

Thank you blondie. I have read so many of you coments & they always impress me. I've been told my Avatar is to scary so I'm guess some feel I must be scary to. Well I'm not I promice (Aposty promise) As a quick update as I've not really posted much for 2 years. My eldest daughter is still VERY out & living with a lovely guy & they are so happy. (He is Ex Born in as well) My 14 year old is now looking forward to leaving so here's hoping.

My wife is still in as she can't seem to let go but she is very deferent to how she was 2 years ago. She is now a lot more wised up she even came with me to a friends birthday party would you believe. Yes. It was in a pub & she was just going to drive me so I could have a drink & them come & pick me up (She is a darling I must say) but as I was getting out of the car she just came with me both holding hands as we walked in, She even had a sing with the band for one song. :) NEVER SAY NEVER people. I would NEVER had though that would ever happen. Peace to you all. Phats. PS. Please do post back. I know my posts can be long but I have have the most crazy time in & out of the cult & I promise with all my heart EVERY word is true & can be backed up. I know they sound a little extreme but they are true. This is such a place to have no point in saying anything other that the real truth. Love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit