"Hello from Phats"

by phats 38 Replies latest jw friends

• phats
    phats

Hay out there.

Wife got back from her Thursday meeting & now she's setteled down with the dog, a V large G&T (maid be me) & watching Terminator 2 on the telly with her Ipad on her lap looking up places to go for our holiday (& Googling symptoms of to many antibiotics as my 16 year old is getting signs of IBS)

So now is a good time to say Hello.

Well hello. My name is Phats & I'm an ex Jehovah's Witness.

There, I've said it.

This must be like it is going to your first AA meeting.

I've already used up some of my posts for a newbe but I'm not in to the whole long story thing.

Basically I've been out now for 8 years (mentally out for all but four or five of those years of my life when I made the commitment, got baptized & married.)

I was a bourn in to a "divided home" (who made the division? I don't know) Anyway. My mum was & still is very in & my Dad (always out died in 2010 at 89 years.)

I'm not DFed or anything. I managed a quick (about 12 weeks) fade & have loads of family still very in & some fully out.

The whole JW thing has been a total & all encroaching part of my life from day one. Still is in many ways to this day.

Wife still in. 12 year old daughter still in (mainly for Mum I believe but we will see) & a 16 year old daughter totally out.

I'm sure I'll fill in the gaps over time but I am very pleased to be here & hope to talk to many of you along the way.

Phats.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Hello, Phats. Welcome.

I was listening to an ex-Mormon podcast yesterday where the word "post-Mormon" was used. I liked that. I think from now I'll consider myself a "post-Witness."

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Hey phats, welcome matey! I'm looking forward to when I can say I'm an ex! Well done!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome phats

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Welcome

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Welcome, Phats. I love your description of the scenario. I can picture it all.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome Phats!

May I suggest your next hoiiday destination? Orlando for a few days with Mickey Mouse, then an 8 hour drive to the Florida Keys. Spend 4 or so days in the Keys. You can leave from Miami. Sounds like you are in England?

Skeeter

• Open mind
    Open mind

Q: What would you call them if Phats was able to influence his ENTIRE FAMILY to wake up to TTATT?

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

A: Phat's Dominoes!

(Groan, rimshot.) I'll be here all week.

Oh, and, WELCOME TO JWN!

om

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Hello and Welcome.

Lisa

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome Phats, you are a great story teller. I look forward to many posts from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit