"Hello from Phats"

by phats 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Phats, Welcome from The North Pacific.

LL

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Phats from down under

smiddy

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Hi neverendingjourney

Yes I'm an ex Witness & here I've fund somewhere that I can understand others like me. We all have our story. I used to be terrified of hearing the JW subject come up in secular situations. It would freeze me to the very core of my being, even to the point of obtaining a stammer when I was in primary school. I got over it & I'm cool with it. It got me to see that even things that seem impossible to over come can be fought & beaten because I beat it fair & square. That helped me later on in life. (I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy though)

I went through something similar after leaving. My JW past was a closely-guarded secret for years. When I first had to tell my roommate, I was nervous and stammering like an idiot. After a few more years, I came to understand that it wasn't healthy for me to carry it around like a secret, so I began to be more open with people about it.

Most people fail to realize the significance of it. While I know that my religious past is one of the most influential factors in who I've become, as far as the outside world is concerned, it's a minor footnote in my biography. Realizing that was a huge relief and a step forward in my recovery.

• bigmac
    bigmac

Hi Phats--i'm in the UK too--the isle of wight. lots of us brits on here

heres a link to a thread i started when i joined here. but i'm feeling better now.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/197364/1/ex-jw-uk

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hi Phats,

I am in the SE UK too. I wouldn't be surprised if we know some of the same people... Check your PMs

• jam
    jam

Welcome again my man...Your situation is not so bad compared

to others here, you are lucky..Looking forward to your input.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Phats! You will always be Phats Domino for me now. I am going to guess that keeping the elders out of your private affairs is a big reason for your domestic bliss.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi from northern California!

Hortensia

• phats
    phats

Just got back from work & my wife has taken the dog for his walk so a good time to chime in,

Thank you everyone for your welcome.

Hi Iown Mylife (great name BTW)

Doctor says it's constipation & prescribed the necessary meds & my wife has gone out & bought her some dried apricots so we're in for a fun evening in our lounge tonight.

FlyingHighNow. Yes married 27 years now & I must say she is my world & has saved me from myself more times than I (or she) care to remember.

Thank you rebel8.

Hi Gypsy Sam. When I was "in" & supposedly doing "family skiving...( I mean study) rather than talking about the great LO ("loving organization") we would talk about how we should always weigh things up as to how they sound to us rather that just tacking things from people who are in authority on on a stage of any type "just because they are in authority" & to check everything out for ourselves & this is why we have a brain & how important it is to use it & stuff like that. It's worked with one & I hope it works with the next one. When I talked about this I always made sure that this was about all things, even things that I would say. Her life is for her to choose & learn from her own mistakes & victories. She knows I'll allways be there for her come what may & I pray to all the gods that she will do the same for me.

Hi Flipper.

I've been a lurker for around 6 years & I must say that your posts have been some of my faves. I always looked yours up as they are always good & balanced. Thank you for your efforts. I don't know if any of you really know just how much you have all helped me over the years & I'm sure this must be mirrored in other peoples lives. Keep up the good work people.

Hi Happy@last.

Yes I feel as free as a bird. Shit still happens as it dose but I am free & have been for around 8 years now & I'm just stating to get the hang of things. I spent 42 years feeling guilty that I may be pissing of the big guy when I was only pissing of the little shits in my cong. When I put 2 & 2 together & realized that who ever or what ever made all this stuff in the Universe, that that entity could never be that tiny minded or petty or even bothered as to worry about all the stupid things I was feeling guilty about. Now I'm happy to say to myself "You know what" no one has the answers, not me & most certainly not these guys in my old cong. The basic fact that there are so many different ideas on the same subject should tell us this. Anyway... I digress.

Hi Billy,

Your posts are so funny sometimes. Sorry you've not been well. I spent "Time" (as in jail) (only during my summer holls) at the Mill Hill bethel helping to construct there showoff buildings back in the early 90s. What a joy that was (not)

Hi Koncepual99.

I was so long in & done so much I'm totally sure we would know one another. The thing is I'm out & so many people (Good & not so good.) around me are still in & I just don't want to go through any more shit so I'm keeping it on the low down. No disrespect but I'm not going to be second guessing anyone I feel I may know & I would ask the same. I've just managed to get my own email address (all my other stuff is linked to my company) so I get be on this forum to share with all you good people. I love my family & have put them through enough so I'm keeping it quiet for now & keeping it happy.

I feel I know so many of you & being able to talk to you all is just so good. It's like I've been looking in for so long but now Hay, I'm in. Back of the net. (hate football though.)

Phats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit