When I decided to no longer turn in time...

by SG098 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Very good, you have your wife and friends to think of. You took the humble road. How could they find fault with that. I mean, look at how the pioneers are trotted out. That's against this scripture. And, the money quote has nothing to do with it. Whether or not you do service has nothing to do with whether you turn it in, and Jehovah sees you living his lifestyle. If they ask again, tell them that going out in service causes you too much anxiety.

When I stopped reporting, I was just a 16 year old with one parent in and one parent was disfellowshipped So, not so much was expected of me. I told the elder that I simply didn't believe in this stuff, 1914, Generation, and if I didn't believe in it then I wasn't going out in service. They said that they had to make an announcment, and I said, "OK." So, that was it.

By the way, that is the UGLIEST Kingdom Hall ever. Uninviting, cold, fence, hard surfaces everywhere. I'd tell them that you can't go the KH becuase it's too ugly.

Skeeter

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you are here. I listened to most of you recording. It was hard for me to listen to, I have been out for quite a while, you forget how this cult gets its claws into you. These men, so concerned, on one level you want to agree and just go along, but on another level you lose your entire identify and self worth by doing so. Not many people could actually confront their elders and just say "I am not doing this". Because there is no allowance in this organization for any individuality, or any freedom of choice, even a little rebellion is seen, noted, acted upon.

Well, it's a cult, isn't it?

Lisa

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome. I wish they would stop pussyfooting around. Its taking forever. How did it end?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Welcome- Thanks for sharing.

• zeb
    zeb

The Searcher reported on the 15th May "Witnesses no longer have to report time" and related a court proceeding where the wts lawyers stated that the time in the filed service was between the individual and his god and was not monitored by the wts or the elders. or words to that effect. So lies on lies.

Check for 'Searchers' posts and you will find the exact one.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. That recording was kind of surreal.

Here's a great place to read about field service: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/preach.php

I guess I scared off the elders before I stopped. Then to make sure they got the point, I turned in a report with ZERO written in on the hours.
    You've come so far. You can stay the course.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

@onthewayout I think the elders liked you. Of they like you they will usually let you go in peace. If you're too defiant then they will have it out for you. I think the fact that you were once in the exclusive elder club helped.

• SG098
    SG098

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've mentally checked out of this sales company months ago. I actually started my journey to freedom a year ago on JWRecovery.com

My screen name over there is stillgoing098. At the time of joining JWR I thought I could "still go" to meetings and be an awakened witness but after a few months of soul searching and fact finding that changed.....dramatically. I would of checked out of this cult months ago but, having a wife thats still a hardcore JW is making that a little difficult.

A little background on me is I was born and raised a JW. My entire life my dad has been an elder and is currently a COBE. My brother is an elder and my wife and inlaws are still JWs. Most of my extended family is non JWs or ex JWs. I was appointed a ministerial servent at the age of 17yrs old. When i was appointed, I was messing around with my girlfriend who was also a JW (of course we were just friends, and not really "dating", lol). Reason I tell you all that is because its proof to me that God is not blessing appointments. If he was, why was I appointed??? Of course im no longer a ministerial servant, and no, Jehovah didnt clean house, I stepped down on my own. Im almost 30yrs old and have a new lease on life. Im happy I found TTATT now instead of years down the road. Of course though, we all wish we found it sooner but life starts when you actually take control. Im pretty much an agnostic now. I would like to believe there is a God, especially a "Jehovah" God but where has he been for the last umm, thousands of years?!?! Anyways I respect peoples beliefs or non-beliefs. Whom am I to judge? Anyways thats a little about me. Looking forward to new things on JWN.

Thanks again everyone.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Welcome, interesting recording. Their lack of logic and fumbling saddens me, but there's always hope that different comments from awake JW's will get some to rethink their stance.

• geevee
    geevee

The widows mite... there is NO indication that the widow EVER became a follower of Christ! I also think that you could have the same amount of fun by turning in reports but have them believably exaggerated instead of not turning one in. I wish I could have done that before fading. Instead of trying to look like I was still carrying on business as usual, just fudge them..... But congratulations on your stand and welcome to this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit