watchtowers army assault on our vulnerable elderly in nursing homes

by friendaroonie 48 Replies latest jw friends

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I tried this myself mate, you're trying at least. Most on this site would rather leave the 'low hanging fruit' to be picked off, keep fighting if you have the will to..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/forum/announcements/280863/1/Protect-the-elderly#.U6GO67Ckpdk

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I know this is the wrong site to go on to find people who want to leave their homes or lift a finger over anything but we need to organize

So the best way to pique our interest is to insult us first?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Most seniors aren't gonna know what they're talking about let alone remember it. And if Botchtower's message is negatively affecting the residents, the nursing home staff will boot those JWs to the curb.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Most seniors aren't gonna know what they're talking about let alone remember it

You've just described most Jehovah's Witnesses and WT doctrines....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

An elder told me that part of the special Campaign this fall will be delivering JW.org bedpans to the nursing homes.

Rub a Dub

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Heaven how will the staff know it is negative, like converting them and then getting them to signing over their will asssets to the WT. Nursing home resedents are highly vulnerable. Staff is mainly not even aware of the danger of the JW. This IS a problem.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Most seniors aren't gonna know what they're talking about let alone remember it

ADCMS said: You've just described most Jehovah's Witnesses and WT doctrines....

. Exactly!

nonjwspouse said: Heaven how will the staff know it is negative, like converting them and then getting them to signing over their will asssets to the WT. Nursing home resedents are highly vulnerable. Staff is mainly not even aware of the danger of the JW. This IS a problem.

The PSWs and nursing staff constantly observe the residents' behaviours. I was told specifically in my Dad's home they do not show war movies as this upsets those who were in the war. They will observe how the residents behave after any sort of JW meeting. If there are negative reactions, the meetings will be stopped. Since this is a religious thing, the JWs will likely be assigned a time slot to use a general meeting area where they gather the seniors for 'church'. I doubt there will be one-on-one witnessing. Many seniors will not even want to attend.

As for 'signing over any will assets', I think this would not likely happen especially if a senior is not of sound mind. Any sort of action taken by a senior with this affliction is not legally binding. I would think 'baptizing' would also be in this category. Ensure that all your loved ones in nursing homes have assigned a legal Power of Attorney. That way, Botchtower cannot get anything without going through the POA. If seniors do not have family, they can still have a POA assigned -- either through an agency or a friend. There needs to be a contact for the senior for the nursing home to call should anything happen to them. This is the person who can also instruct the nursing home on whether JWs can have access or not.

It will be interesting to see if I get an email again from my Dad's former elder or wife on this. They had emailed me earlier asking if they could visit him so I asked my Dad. He said he did not want visits from them. I told the elder and his wife this and I have also told my Dad's PSWs this. I can also tell the main office as well.

• sir82
    sir82

In our meeting this week, one person commented on studies she conducted in nursing hmes in the past.

She said in both cases, the family actually moved the person out of the nursing home to a different one. In one case, they moved the patient to an entirely new state and changed her cell phone number so the JW couldn't locate her.

Hysterical reactions to non-issues do little good.

• AnneB
    AnneB

When I lived in a southern state there was one nursing home in the entire county. The elders knew there was an "annointed" residing there, a Rutherford-era guy who smoked and hadn't kept up with the changes...and wasn't disfellowshipped.

When Memorial time rolled around there was big discussion about who would bring this man to the Kingdom Hall and the upshot was that the elders would bring the emblems to him at the close of the meeting that night.

It didn't happen. The elder in charge said that the annointed could partake up to 30 days afterward, and the matter was dropped. The next time I inquired the elders thought maybe the man had died, so a trip to the nursing home would be unnecessary.

That's how little attention will be paid to the new directive. It's all CYA, folks, to maintain their nonprofit religious and educational status, and to produce "evidence" if asked.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi friendaroonie, Why would the WTBTS want to recruit nursing home residents without assets to bequeath to the WTBTS? Follow the money.

If there is a way to prioritize your efforts, I would concentrate on upscale nursing homes where residents are not soley dependent on some form of medicare payments to pay for their care.

Best of wishes in your efforts. I do care about your efforts, but I am more focused on writing to politicians to change IRS rules for non-profit organizations to establish societal expectations to qualify as a non-profit organization, including religions.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit