watchtowers army assault on our vulnerable elderly in nursing homes

by friendaroonie 48 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

“friendaroonie”: “I know this is the wrong site to go on to find people who want to leave their homes or lift a finger over anything . . .” “I seriously have no faith in jwners to help . . .”

First of all, I don’t think that it is appropriate to begin a post by blatantly insulting everyone here. The best way to motivate people is by being positive and respectful. Coming across in an arrogant, condescending manner tends to do nothing but put people off, thus discouraging any willingness to cooperate. Just thought I would let you know.

Sad to say, my longtime elder dad actually gave that part about nursing home witnessing in the service meeting last night. I didn’t go because I needed a break after just going with my mom and dad to the district regional convention, but I did read the material for it in the Kingdom Ministry, so I am familiar with it.

The nursing home witnessing approach doesn’t really seem to be anything new. I think that it’s just a matter of reminding publishers of one of the many different forms of field service which at least some folks are expected to try including in their campaign repertoire.

The WTS is basically opportunist – they will always keep seeking any method they think will possibly result in new members, no matter how imposing or awkward that may be. It is just as Jesus told the hypocritical scribes and Pharisees at Matthew 23:15 that they ‘travel over sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one, they make him a subject for Gehenna twice as much so as themselves.’ (RNWT)

• Mum
    Mum

My great aunt was in a very nice Lutheran nursing home, probably one of the best anywhere. It did not smell of urine, as many nursing homes do. However, they administered so much "medication" ("keep the natives quiet pills") that many of the residents were clueless. Once my niece and I were visiting and saw a group of residents staring at a blank TV screen in the lobby. My niece remarked, "They think they're watching TV!" I once saw a lady go to the nurses' station and request a room as if she were at a hotel. The JW's have their hands full taking this one on. They will have to target the wealthy, who might not be so vulnerable to overmedication. The families of the wealthy seniors probably will make short work of getting rid of any JW's coming around.

I'm not worried.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

.....most elderly residents won't have internet access. so a soft target...and usually like a yap....good for counting time too...

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Maybe this is what the poster is talking about.

http://www.jjha.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqNBP0QP0eg

• LV101
    LV101

I don't trust the evil cult and know how vulnerable the elderly are. There's many who seldom have family/friends visiting - or they're childless and it would be very easy for them to fall prey to these watchtower con artists. I hope nursing homes are warned. The law enforcements need to be notified of watchtower's intentions/track record.

I've known witnesses having studies in these facilities for 10 yrs. This is not good if they're targeting them.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

LV101: "I hope nursing homes are warned."...

Hope is free, take as much as you want. Seeing as you clearly do care, why not just write a short email or letter to a nearby home, to warn the manager? It can't do any harm, and it would be a lot more productive than posting 'I hope' on a message board.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OMG! Meeting so stupid. Nursing homes. A captive audience of humans who were never to grow old are now being targeted by the GB. The D2D sucks so badly that they must target the defensless elderly.

Also, I learned something new. The nu-light is that getting old is inevitable. What complete watchtards. It was all I could do to not laugh and walk out. Only " qualified" JWs can teach Jehoober's will to old-timers.

I think think we should send e-mails to our local Nursing homes and tell the directors about Jwfacts.com. The Eldubs were super excited about this soon to be uber-successful campaign.

DD

• LV101
    LV101

defender of truth - I'm just stating my opinion and don't have time to write letters to nursing homes. Perhaps you could pursue your own suggestion and need more community involvement.

• LV101
    LV101

DataDog - If there's anyone interested in organizing I'll contribute in any way with mailing/postage expenses. I've too much volunteer work at present but would be nice to have a form letter and few volunteers in each locality. As we all know it's difficult to organize ex-witnesses but I think that's normal.

• smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit