Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• talesin
    talesin

No I would prefer you to get over the whole JW-ex-JW nonsense and just deal with people objectively.

YES! Please do!

Stop telling people how to think, STOP being a know-it-all.

HOORAY!

tal

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Talisman: At the films start, he is seen as discontent, and he settles for a clean cut ideal American girl. He is in control, because he wins his girl despite an affair with " Mrs Robinson" who trying to be superior to him, and is the girl he loves mother. He is a man because the girl he loved was prepared to fit the system and marry another she didnt love. Yes i think the point of the film was to create a super humun man, that had no basis on real love between men and women.

So yes he is in control at the end banging with his cross on the church window, as the represents the impled object of their defiance, and sanctifies there relationship.

• talesin
    talesin

I am going to leave previous comments without edit, because I'm not a coward and well, I said it.

Cofty, we are at odds, but you are a humble person. I am sorry I gave you that insult, about not being humble. That was not right! I've gone back and read a lot of your posts. We may never see eye-to-eye, but wow, what a collaboration that would be!

That's all.

tal

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Sorry for my bad spelling and punctuation above.

• talesin
    talesin

new hope,,, yes, okay, I get it!

What did you think of Breathless? The French and US versions? If you don't mind sharing. :)

• talesin
    talesin

cofty, what I meant, aside from what was said, is that I get it, and hell, let's just fucking STOP. Okay? If we met in person, we would not have this problem. It's goddamn semantics, and we should NOT be arguing..

• talesin
    talesin

lol,, and hahaha, we are 50+, arguing on a discussion board.

You have cancer, and I have a crippling foot injury - maybe we are having a bit of a power struggle - I know that I feel like a piece of dog poo wiped off someone's shoe on most days.

How about you?

Much love to you, Cofty, and I love crossing swords in debate, but perhaps, we went too far?

xx

tal

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Talisman, i havnt seen breathless, but i am aware of the damage American films do to what i consider " Masculinity". I think humume styles of masculinity are increasingly thought by men. I as a man yearn for more films like " Marty" that portray men as sensitive insecure and caring. Its not about looks and beauty, but i think James Dean in East of Eden and Rebel was a much more preforable image of masculinity than the " Eastwood" and ," Bronson" images of masculinity.

Anyway films and movies are wonderful, but i seek films that offer me a vision of people not afraid to take risks, and not afraid of showing feelings.

I think you express yourself as a person with passion. I like that.

• talesin
    talesin

new hope

Oh my, you MUSt see Breathless. then. Both the French and English versions.

ha, it's one of my fav films .......... the image of James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, is very much based on the character of the film, the leadby a young Jean-Paul Belmondo (YES!!!!!)

But, I find the American version much better, it's Richard Gere's 'perfect role'. and Valerie Kapriski is DELICIOUS!

:D

tal

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thanks Talesin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit