How is the org really run? What goes on behind the scenes?

by Magnum 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I lean towards sincerity among those at the top. Manipulative sociopaths don't take a course called Manipulation 101; it comes naturally to them. Besides that, the org. tries different things, and when something hurts, it stops doing it. It has learned what is effective and what is not in maintaining control over its followers.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Talesin told it like it is. This still leaves room of course for the GB to be in some measure sincere, deluded and even fooled and manipulted themselves to some degree, they are mainly figureheads after all.

They may think they are steering the boat, and doing the navigation, but that is not the truth of it.

The Puppetmaster and his close cronies ultimately run the whole thing, and do not "believe".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Puppetmaster and his close cronies ultimately run the whole thing,

So WHO is the Puppetmaster?

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Oh, I forgot.........

IT'S A CULT!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

DoChange - You are definitely right on the money in your observations about those who make it to the top of the organizational pinnacle. They begin to believe their own bullshit.

Talesin - Same for you. It is true that most large organizations like the WT are really run by one man or a very small group of men (usually not more than 5) who make all of the major decisions. They are often not visible outside of their own little group and are known to subordinates only by their initials on documents approving or denying an inquiry, request, or proposal.

I worked for a couple of very large US corporations - one a public utility, the other a very large national retailer. In both cases I ended up in higher level staff positions directly reporting to an AVP or VP level manager/director. Being an intermediary between the highest staff levels and the field operating teams and retailers I was often just a messenger delivering the mail. When the news was bad - or clearly damaging to field operations - I would be the one asked, "Who the **** made this decision?" All I could see on the original document were initials. While I could guess who that person was, I was not at liberty to reveal my opinion to the field managers. I would be the one who had to endure their wrath and hatred. In most cases, I agreed with the field managers and would have supported them if it would have made any difference. The only difference made would have been my being out of a job.

I think that is the way it is with the Watchtower corporation(s). I think Russell, Rutherford and Knorr were pretty much in overall charge, but since the promotion of the 7-19 holy underlings known collectively as the Governing Body in the late 1960s, I believe the real decision makers are completely hidden. Most of those familiar with the 1970-2000 period would guess that Ted Jaracz was the real power behind the throne, but I've communicated with high level Bethelites serving during that period who say that was only partially true - there was still someone higher than him pulling the big strings. Don Adams? Doubtful, but a possibility.

I don't think we'll ever know exactly who makes the real decisions for the WT, but my guess is that it is someone on the financial side. It might even be someone who is not even a Jehovah's Witness and may not even believe any of their BS teachings. All of this construction work and property acquisitions - the new pseudo-"tithing" donation arrangement, the actual switch from printing presses to digitial delivery of literature - all indicate that someone watching over the Society's balance sheet is the real "chairman of the board." Everything, from convention locations to minor doctrinal changes probably passes by that person or small group of men (not the Governing Body) for final approval.

My heart, my head, and my contacts all agree that someone completely off-screen is pulling the strings and is personally profiting from what happens in the Watchtower organization. And my intellect tells me it is not Jehovah or Jesus Christ.

Just my 2p...

JV

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When I was a lad of about 22 back in1974 I asked Joel Adams(My bethel entrance school instructor) About why do the 144,000 get everlasting life when they die and the great crowd have to wait 1000 years before they get guarenteed everlasting life. He gve me the WT official answer and I told him I felt it wasn't a very good explination. To which his face changed and he got kind of angry and said; "this is what the F&DS teaches and that's what he teaches and the need not to think independently. I was a little nervous, still had my doubts as his explination was just the correct party line rhetoric.

• metatron
    metatron

Good points, Juan.

Can anyone imagine that, in fact, the best thing that could happen to the Watchtower would be that it gets managed by intelligent sociopaths who are atheists or agnostics?

I'm serious. Such people would run it like a business, dump obnoxious doctrines and deliberately guide it towards becoming a stable denomination. They would be unemcombered by its past or any need to worry much about 'old timers' or soon-to-be-laidoff employees.

Harsh as that sounds, it would be beneficial to most Witlesses. Consider the secular example of LBJ as President - one of the most awful people ever to hold that office...... but he got Civil Rights and Medicare done where Kennedy could not.

Likewise, the Chinese Communist leadership that dumped their fanatical ideology and stunned their nation by saying, "to be rich is glorious"!

The fine inside info you provided, Juan, suggests to me that they are just starting to "get real" and are still obsessed with crap such as the management structure of the cult rather than caring about common publishers.

I think that's going to change because they don't have a choice. They discreetly go 'denomination' or else.

metatron

• bigmac
  • bigmac
    bigmac

So WHO is the Puppetmaster?

jehovah.

everything points the the wts being directed by an invisible cloud of--nothing--somewhere beyond outer space.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I believe that there are those at the top that are delusional, that think that God is on their side but I also believe there are those that know it is all a scam and are only in it because they like the power. I agree with talesin comments that the board of directors treats the organization as a corporation and the bottom line is money, otherwise if they didn't string and control the R&F members around the organization would have been out of business a long time ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit