How is the org really run? What goes on behind the scenes?

by Magnum 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• jhine
    jhine

William Penwell

Jan

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

If you reverse engineer the WT "fruitage" and what they do not say, their ommissions, you will find out the basic motive of the operation now at work in the modern WT since espcially 1976.

By that you can logically determine how it is run, as a dictatorship in the "body", and it's goal in part is to subvert the mindset by subverting the teachings gradually. That goes along with the ommission of certain modern aspects of global development.

I say the ommission is important, because in classic JW ministerial "message" development the JWs played on modern events in the world, like the League of Nations and UN presentations, to form their "kingdom of God" rationale around.

Thus JWs used to be able to mix modern events and prophecy where one was supporting the credibility of the other, and each had their own logic regarding world rulership development.

Modern JWs have not said ANYTHING about the UN development since it's 1945 manifestation. That is a hint of what they are ommiting over the last say 40 years, anything having to do with actual UN development. Instead they literally are rewording the JW past, and selling it to JWs as the present. In just the last 4 years they have liquidated a billion in assets, and reduced the Bethel global network of branches by maybe 50%, and they are ommitting all this from the logic of what it more likely is, a liquidation.

If we projected this, and their "it can end anyday now brothers" mindset installed in the collective JW head, the writing on the wall says corporate coup. We have to realize like JWs, most people go with their first reaction, and it is designed into the operation. The first reaction contains the primary distraction. So instead, by examining alternative motives possibly at work, by experts of subversion assumed, we can find other possible "end game" scenarios for Bethel.

Their fruitage indicates not Christian, but anti-Christian leadership. Thus any distraction of their claims does not deflect deeper investigation, lie is what lairs do, and Bethel is a classic team of deniers and grandiose statement hoodwinkers.

These obvious problems will be covered up to JWs by engineering the mass false expectation as "it is prophetic brothers!", so JWs can watch and take part in the Bethel corporate downfall and think? It is prophecy. It is expected. It is good. It is "the end". But it is not good, nor is it the end, but of Bethel.

These kinds of developments cannot be accidental with this level of complexity and coverage. Thus finding out how the org is really run, is impossible in explicit terms, one has to model between the lines. In that place things do not look good for the JW org. JWs are blinded to it, by what they think is "opening their eyes", misapplied prophecy and believing expert liars.

If we compared today's globalization ignoring JWs to the 1950's live and real-time responding JWs, we will find today's JWs are not the same creature as the 1950s JW version, not at all, in fact in many ways the complete opposite, just man and "organization" worshipers instead taking part in the subversion, teaching dated insights.

This was a very gradually subverted ministry, and a very gradually successful operation. But it is not what it appears to either most JWs or their critics, it is also good at what it is doing, it is an expertly implemented operation. Nothing this well conceived and carried out is accidental.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Who makes money from the WT? There is one obvious group. The lawyers. It makes sense that they pull many strings.

The GB, IMHO are self absorbed with their own importance- narssisictic. I feel they do believe they are agents of God. But, the lawyers run this corperation from my own conclusions of observation. It makes sense to me. The ones who benefit from the $$ are the ones who make the decisions and run a corperation for the majority of the time.

It is possible the blood managemet area is also pulling strings. I wish I knew more about who is profiting from the built in testing group for the blood management iinventions, equipment, procedures. From the WT UN representaties advancing the blood management products, holding high level positions in SABM, across the world. I don't know if that is seperate or not. It seems they would have to be united in the profit making.

The GB goes along because thier own lifestyles hangs on the abiity to make this $$$. They are not prepared to ever get a job and have no other retirement. Like others said, they even have poor vocabularies. They might qualify for a minimum wage job outside the JW world. Quite a strong incentive to listen to the money managers.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The GB, IMHO are self absorbed with their own importance- narssisictic. I feel they do believe they are agents of God.

Anyone who has served as an Elder should be able to relate the GB to any other BOE or RBC or AssmHall Committee, etc etc. In any of the examples, they are just a group of ordinary men (though less educated than the average group of people) that (at least most) believe they are doing a "good work" for God and their fellow JWs.

Yes, some are power hungry, some are narcissistic, some think they are smarter than the others, some are humble and modest, some are dominant, some are passive. Although the higher level of group you get there are probably more dominant qualities than just at the Cong level. But I really think that most believe they are "agents of God", that is, that they are "doing God's Will". I takes something to shock them back to reality where they realize it's like playing Monopoly -- they're handling lots of money and making lots of decisions but it's all pretend. It's all play money. They really are not as important as they imagine themselves to be.

Of course at the highest level of the WTS there is plenty of real money and plenty of real lawyers and real accountants that see that decisions are made to protect the real assets, but even they may be convinced that they are doing God's Will -- acting as Stewards over the Master's things.

I believe that when one is at the top they are somewhat insulated from having the bad things happen that cause the pawns like us to awaken, as most here have been awakened as a result of a personal affront. When you're in a position of power, others are cautious not to offend you or they give you greater latitude in any questionable actions you take.

Doc

• Syme
    Syme

Guys, how can you really believe that people from the Board of Directors or anyone else can be higher that the GB?

Let's say for example that a member of the BoD, even the President (D.Adams), disagrees with the GB and tries to have power over them. So what? The GB can easily delete him of his privileges as an elder, strip him of his Bethelite status (or even DF him), and thus D.Adams automatically loses any power he might have had.

I mean, everyone in the Org, EVERYONE, no matter how high up on the 'technical' ladder he may be, no matter if he's a chief-lawyer, an chief-accountant or a Board of Directors member, is first and foremost subject to the religious authority of the GB. If they like, they strip him of his eldership, and since he's not an elder anymore, he can't hold any position of influence in the WTS.

Don't try to make this more complicated than it is. Remember Occam's Razor: search for the simplest explanation. Which is: the Top of the JWs are the GB, simple as that. They are a self-sustaining and self-propagating group of delusional fanatics, purely Orwellian in nature, who, like the Inner Party, are masters of Doublethink: they know they are decieving the R&F, and at the same time they firmly believe they have the Truth.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

In 2000 the gb seperated themselves from the board of directors. Thus, they are autonomous, right? Prior to that change the board of directors including the gb voted on who new gb members would be. Now it seems the gb alone choose new members, they self-appoint themselves. by factfinder

That is the creepiest thing I ever heard, I did not know that factfinder, thanks.

It sheds a whole "new level" of insight into this strange group of eight men who

see themsleves as channeling God Almighty through themselves. Even the Pope

is elected by the College of Cardinals, which has 199 voting members.

This is 'Governing Body' "class?" of eight men is a monarchy,

a dictatorship, accountable to no one.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Syme: Guys, how can you really believe that people from the Board of Directors or anyone else can be higher that the GB?

So you believe unquestioningly that the GB has all the power? And why do you believe that - because the org says so? Do you really trust the org to tell us exactly what the situation is? Do you think the org would tell us otherwise? Do you think the org is telling us the real reason(s) behind all the recent changes - branch closures, selloffs, DO layoffs, convention changes, donation changes, etc.? Do you really?

You seem to think it's odd that some would consider it possible that the GB is not all powerful. I don't think it's a far-fetched question at all.

Your post basically boils down to this: the GB has all the power. I accept that as a guess on your part - a guess that might be right. Do you have any evidence of that? Sure, that's what the org says, but I want to know the truth; I don't trust the org.

• Magnum
    Magnum

factfinder: Now it seems the gb alone choose new members... if the 7 gb members were to die at the same time, then what happens?

Interesting question.

• metatron
    metatron

I would like to disbelieve Syme's points but I can't think of solid reasons why.

For some time now, we've had this collective debate about the GB and the changes we observe. Dogpatch kept asserting that some group like Directors must be in charge instead of the GB but could never produce any evidence.

I think the GB could take down any 'rebels' quite easily as they have in regard to stealing Kingdom Halls and getting title to them or even selling them off. It's true that they did a legal restructuring years back - partly out of fear that some half-senile GB members might end up on a witness stand in court .

I still recall Maximus' prediction about huge changes - just before 9/11 hit and they went reactionary instead. Even C of C suggests that some GB members thought various doctrines were bullsh*t but kept their mouths shut. That might always be under the surface.....

I've dealt with technical problems for many years and when an executive asks for an explanation, the reaction is always the same: their eyes glaze over and they get lost after the first sentence. That's just how it is.

Given that GB members are superficial dolts who lack critical thinking ability - as with many Witlesses- I think we must consider the above behavior as explaining a great deal.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit