If a Nuclear War Was to Start would you start praying again

by cassuk11 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

i dont believe anyone who says when that stress of facing imminent death in whatever situation they will not do whatever it takes to stay alive and when everything else fails resort to praying or asking for help

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

( edited because I am grumpy ) I believe there is some truth in the bible, just as all ancient books have truth contained within them. Was Jesus a real person? I think he was. He was against established religions and their authority over mankind. He was killed by servants of YHWH. THEN HIS STORY WAS TWISTED BY THE COUNCIL OF NICEA. Organized religion has been the bane of human existence ever since.

No establishment has ever hindered mankind's progress like extremist religions. Maybe your true creator wants mankind to work together and stop "praying" for something to happen? Oh yeah, one of those "truths" of the scrolls that were chosen to become the bible by a council of human religious leaders is Hebrews 9:27. It's seems like you believe that we will all die some day. I won't argue that point.

DD

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

unless your self pride is so strong you would rather die than ask God to help you

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

I agree with you DATA DOG. Religion is to blame .Messiah came and put an end to religion and organised systems so the KIngdom within can be established .That is why jerusalem,the temple,the old covenant were all put to an end just as Jesus said it would be in the 1st century. SO from that point mankind were set free and as you say organised religion or founding fathers failed to recognise The KIngdom within us and the church that could not be seen or made with human hands.Instead establish counterfiet kingdoms ever since.Keeping all of mankind from entering in. But The veil is being lifted and all will enter in

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would always try to survive. Giving up is not in my nature. Whether it's "prayer" or repeating a mantra in a life threatening situation, it's all the same. YOU either tuck your tail between your legs or YOU find the strength to do what must be done.

What is this being "prideful" that you speak of? The "I Am" of the universe, a God of infinite love, purposely creates me in His/Her/Their imagine, with the quality of pride included and then throws me in a meat grinder?!?! What for? To break me? To force me to realize that I need Him/Her/Them?!?! What a jacked up parent! You would label such actions from a human parent as abusive. At least I hope you would.

To believe that YHWH answers YOUR prayers while other believers die every day, often executed, is ludicrous. You found your car keys, that's great.

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Messiah came and put an end to religion and organised systems so the KIngdom within can be established

And yet he's stood idly by for 2,000 years and watched while Christianity became the very institution he allegedly condemned- yet did nothing to stop it. Interesting.

Isn't that a massive failure?

You have the same mentality as the WT: Jesus has allegedly been the most powerful king heading the most powerful government for 100 years now...and not a damn thing has changed under that rulership. MASSIVE FAILURE (again).

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

good point Data.WOrk it out for yourself.The truth is within you as is the Kingdom

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

“Nearly everyone in ancient Egypt exhorted the gods to let the Pharaoh live 'forever'. These collective prayers failed. Their failure constitutes data.”

--- Carl Sagan

Whether you pray to Egyptian gods, the "I am", Baal, Yahweh, Thor, Zeus, or anyone one of the 30,000 other gods in history is pointless because the end result is the same: none of the prayers are, or ever have been, answered.

This collective failure constitutes data.

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Messiah did not fail me ever not once. In the universe there is free will if you want to find him you will seek him and he will let himself be found . Because your eyes are in the physical you only see physically and if your physical reality does not work the way you want it then you need to get out of the matrix and enter into the Kingdom within which is spiritual then you might see the reality of the Kingdom that is being distorted and see life differently.

• bigmac
    bigmac

praise di lawd y'all.

cant this site become a cheesearse free zone ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit