If a Nuclear War Was to Start would you start praying again

by cassuk11 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

what do you call a decent outcome

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Death is where fusion takes place and the atoms that you are made of which is compressed energy hedl together by magnetic forces are released so fusion with God takes places because God is made of the same stuff

If death is oh-so-wonderful, why do religious people seem to always beg their god to preserve their life when they are about to lose it??

It seems absurdly hypocritical.

• Mandette
    Mandette

"God" has already failed the world. So if a nuclear war started, I'd look at my options for survival. Try or just have a "blast" till it all goes out in a blast of white heat.

No sense in praying. There's no "one" to hear.

Although if I chose to maybe it'd be to Bastet. She's a very interesting Egyptian god.

M

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

what is absurdly hypocritical is you having a go with people who have faith. Are you saying you would not try to preserve your life if you were in a sinking boat

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think a decent outcome would be having you listen to what we are saying. The GOD of the bible routinely allows millions to die without intervening. Why bother praying? It's almost as if you hope to change our minds by ignoring what we say, blinking rapidly, and the stating your views in a slightly different manner. It's very similar to the ever-changing KM presentations.

My wife and I were in an accident on an icy road. I am a very safe driver. I am the guy who gets you there when no one else can. There was nothing I could do. We hit black ice. We went off the Interstate into a small field and slid to a stop. Had we went off the road 100 yards further down, we would have went into an icy river. There was no time for prayer, only time to say, "Oh SHIT!!", about 15 times. My only thought was that my wife would be alright.

Who knows what would happen in a different situation? Maybe I would say," AHH....Geezuss...." Or, "God dammit..I had things I was going to do tomorrow." All I know is that " GOD" has never done anything for me that I know of. Everything that I have accomplished, especially recently, has been the direct result of my disdain for Xianity and my own hard work and the realization that no one is doing anything for me. I must do it for myself.

What answer do you want?

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Good luck pray to whoever you want but only one can save you and that is the one who proved to be Iam what Iam. Make sure you choose a good one that will answer you in your days of distress

• talesin
    talesin

No worries here. With the naval base and all the other centralized telecommunications here for the eastern seaboard, we'd be one of the first to be nuked. *shrug* Yay, I would rather be vaporized than deal with the fallout.

tal

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Well i have the oppostie experience and have been delivered from every situation in my life even facing death. If you dont ask , you dont get.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Yes, it is possible that I may resort to prayer when faced with death. When you're desperate, all logic goes out the window.

If I was taught as a young child that God wanted me to standed on my head and kick my feet, then I would probably give that a try when faced with certain death. Just because someone is an Atheist (as I am) doesn't mean that they won't slip back into old habits in times of stress. The aurgment that there are no Atheist in foxholes is meaningless.

pseudo

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Yes good point .TO add its not taught us by parents. It is already within us. Scientists have recently discovered the God gene in the brain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit