What happens after you get the registered letter?

by paul from cleveland 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Yes, it was quite a fine witness for what lunatics they are!

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

My friend Brandt told me that when he was "invited" to a meeting with the elders he asked what the charges were. The elders admitted they didn't have anything officially. They said they just wanted to talk. He told them if they didn't have charges he wasn't going to meet. They disfellowshipped him in absentism.

Another friend had written a letter in response to a letter from the elders that had accusations, but he did not meet with them in person. He left the JW way in the 1980's and they started a witch hunt in 2012. He replied with a letter that denied all their written allegations. He also fussed at the elders personally because he didn't at all know them; he asked if they were writting to encourage him and his family or were they trying to inflict more pain and suffering individuals that were hurt. He did not threaten to sue, but he did advise the elders in a personal way that if their aggression escalated any further their aggression would just bring on more mental suffering and anquish to his cancer surviving spouse and himself. The elders didn't do anything. That was several years ago.

Personally, I like the reply with a letter, but I won't meet with you idea.

One more comment, if you are a women and someone visits your house without your invitation, (example, elders), if you file with a court for an order of protection (a restraining order that has some teeth) and say that the individual or individuals were on your door step without an invitation, most likely the judge will rule in your favor and give you a protective order. (You don't even have to have a no trespassing sign). Meaning if they return or try to contact you via mail, email, anything they will go to jail. Ooouch,

Granted, It will be good if you can get a photo of them on your porch for proof for the judge, otherwise you or your lawyer can ask them if they came to your house. They probably would admit to visiting your house, (you know elders don't ever lie) and you have your order of protection. This happened to a guy at work that tried to apologize for a practical joke done at work to a fellow work person, (a woman). She easily got an order of protection. Big mistake: he tried to apologize by visiting her home. Oh, they lived in the same area of town. He is a nice fellow, but she evidently knew the law and gave him the royale shaft.

• label licker
    label licker

When these goons went after hubby, they had stalked him and sat outside our gates for over three hours one Saturday morning. The one elders grandmother had just passed away the night before but sitting outside our gates the next morning was more important than maybe consoling other family members. My husband told them that he was glad that it's Christ that does the judging and not them and walked away waving bye bye Babylon the Great! They yelled at him that he was df'd and called him an apostate and then went back to the hall and met with the other elder. They had their special meeting for three hours to decide wheather to df him or not. Umm,,, no they needed to put in some time and that was it.

I Corinthians 4:3-5

LL

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

man this is a sick sick cult there like getting herpers or something they just dont want to leave you alone.sending letters in the mail unreal surprised i never got one.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I never got a letter either, but I remember crawling around on my living room floor in the dark when two suits came knocking on my door! Now I just have to laugh at it! I can't believe I was so scared of them!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I put the word out that if my name was ever mentioned from the platform dfing me without stating the real reason (that jw/WT is a cult and i left) i would sue individual elders for slander and defamation of chsracter, and that WTBTS would not represent them in court, they would have to pay for it themselves.

Guess who hasn't bothered me? ANY elders.

I only care because it would break my 70 yr old jw mom's heart if i was officially DF.

Snakes ()

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wild Thing & Desirous of Change:

The story you tell about them turning up on your job as though they were "important" in order to tell you that you were disfellowshipped really makes you wonder. Maybe somebody should inform them that they are not the superior authorities!

It reminded me in a way of the TV program about the courageous woman who escaped from the polygamous FLDS religion/town. They have total control where they are located and even the local authorities are in their "pocket".... Anyway, there was an armed "goon squad" that went around trying to find her and she even felt that she was endangering the life of a lady who was trying to help her. She was afraid this "goon squad" would kill the woman. They even had the few main roads in and out of the town patrolled so that you couldn't leave. If you are a runaway and want out, you are screwed unless some miracle can save you. Really scary.

I wonder. Do all high-control groups end up acting like they were the superior authorities???

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

My oldest brother just found out he was DFed 14 years ago.

Dwain

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

I would send back a registered, certified letter of my own, with a copy going to the CrotchTower Legal department. It would say:

Dear Assholes:

I don't really regret to inform you that I will not be attending any meeting of any kind at your accursed Kingdumb Hell or at any other venue associated with your wholly imaginary, crappy idiot god. Kindly take this letter as proof that I have no desire to ever again see any of you scumbags, from now to the end of time. Keep your copy of this as a record; my attorney will have my copy, and we will sue your ass far, far into the ground should you cause any further annoyance to myself or my family.

In summary, eat shit and die.

Sincerely,

SKIMMER

Postscript: Go fuck yourselves.

• freddo
    freddo

If she was baptised as a minor she can claim her baptizm was invalid - if she has not been a regular pioneer since her baptism. She will need to be hardnosed about it, do it in writing and involve watchtower legal to do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit