What happens after you get the registered letter?

by paul from cleveland 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

If she is living with her DF'd father, why does she want to be a Witness?

As for the bluff, the father is the only bluff she might need. After all, who knows more about the procedures than someone who has been through it?

SOP

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

As for the bluff, the father is the only bluff she might need. After all, who knows more about the procedures than someone who has been through it?

Her father was not successful in avoiding being DFd, which is the only issue here. If she doesn't care, we can end the thread.

Doc

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Thank you everyone for your information. What has been discussed so far basically confirms what we thought would happen.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Wow.

In my opinion, the first mistake was signing for a registered letter.

I never signed for registered mail. I told my wife and son that and all my family.

A registered letter is the first page in a legal proceeding.

Curriosity killed the cat.

When I left, I didn't answer the phone or the door and I didn't even talk to the friends at the grocery store.

What good ever comes from a registered letter?

If you win the lottery you have a ticket.

If someone is trying to contact you with no malice they will send you a regular letter.

I even found out about lost investment moneys and bank funds by regular mail.

It sounds like the JW's are playing hard ball nowadays with the disfelloshipping.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I threatened legal action before the letters. Kicking the elders off my property. It took about 6 months before the registered letter came. In reality it is not registered as I didn't have to sign but it is a certified delivery letter. Obviously Jah's legal chariot doesn't move to swiftly. Second registered letter came. I ignored that one also. Third registered letter came stating that they determined I disassociated myself and inso doing eliminated any appeal on my part.

What the accusations are will be a factor in what their decision is df/dis. The announcment to the congregation is the same and the shunning result is the same. In any case, look forward, keep your head up and enjoy your newly given freedom.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I fought after a registered letter for about 5 months using a lawyer. I got several more family visits in, but was DF'd in the end. i think my mistake was threatening to sue the WT. I should have just threatened local elders. The local elders got a bethel lawyer involved. Surprising, but probably because I threatened to sue WT as well. Each case is different, and each case may result in a completely different action...

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

content deleted for copyright reasons...

Basically, what has already been stated. Signing the letter is a way for them to know the invitation to a judicial hearing was received. If she chooses not to go, they can proceed in abstentia. If she doesn't sign it, there isn't a way for them to know, and she'll likely get another one in a month or two. If she never signs a single one, they could proceed without her, but holding a final decision in abeyance until she has the opportunity to tell her side.That last sentence is not always followed by elder bodies, but it's basically what the book says to do.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Thank you Leaving Quietly, that basically completely answers the question. Thank you everyone for your responses and experiences.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

it's okay, I read it before it was deleted

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@Paul from Cleveland... Your avatar. Are you incognito at the moment??? lol

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit