Handing in '' Field Service Report '' even if you're very ill.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Jehovahâ„¢ is a numbers god.

Mercy? Love? Kindness to strangers? Compassion? Charitable acts? Since these things cannot be quantified they have no value in the WT Org.

But a FS report of 15 minutes for the month from a dying JW barely able to function? Priceless.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To think elders actually go to school to learn this.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Our elderly ones in nursing homes rarely/never get visits from elders - never mind r&f Witnesses.

So much for the hallmark of a true Christian, as stated by Christ himself! (John 13:35)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

IMHO, the WBT$ wants this time from the elderly and infirmed counted in order to shame the r and f into "doing more". "Sister Allsheimers gets in several hrs. a month wassamatta with you healthy ones?" Keep 'em busy so's they forget that they were't supposed to get old and infirm in the first place!

• Ding
    Ding

It's all about numbers... 100% participation...

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

It gets me upset that ( if my mom really did telephone witness for one hour ) she would need to get a phone book, take the time to call and select a subject to talk about. She gets out of breath easily and her voice is getting raspy. She doesn't need to fear the Elders if she didn't hand in a Field Service Report.

Don't they see her medical condition when they pay her a visit? Does my mom really need to get in at least 15 minutes to be considered part of the congregation? After serving the WTBTS for over 45 years, is this the love they show her if she didn't witness for at least 15 minutes and consider her an "Inactive publisher"?

The WTBTS should really say that they bully and threaten ...." those who are very limited because of advanced age or because of being shut-ins and those who are temporarily limited because of serious illness or injury ''

• paladin
    paladin

At one time two elders, one was the COBOE, came to the hospital and asked me if I had 15 minutes of field service time. They were not interested in my health. Morons.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I just cannot believe how disconnected the elders are from people, even when someoneo is infirm

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Numbers are everything in this organization. Correlating numbers with results - not so much.

But as long as they can say their numbers are big god is happy.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So this focus on numbers makes good people stoop to lying...yes going contrary to their own moral code just to fulfil a stupid demand from the elders!

I would say that many witnesses lie about their time, then try hard to reconcile these lies with their Christian conscience!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit