Handing in '' Field Service Report '' even if you're very ill.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I remember when an elderly brother in the hall I attended finally passed away, after battling illness for the last few years of his life. It was announced at the Thursday night meeting, and the brother making the announcement made a point of telling the congregation that even on his death bed, he managed to get 5 hours of field service in for the month. Apparently it was to shame the rest of us into doing more.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I remember when the "15 minute" option was put into effect. For someone like my aging Mother with multiple health problems, it truly has been a "loving provision". (I can't believe I just typed that.)

What's unloving is the whole hour-reporting, number-centric approach to FS and the labels (regular publisher, irregular, inactive) and guilt that go along with it. I'm pretty sure my Mom has always been able to get in at least an hour or two a month, but for her, it's comforting to know that the 15 minute option is there if she needs it.

The only way she will ever miss a month of FS is if she's in a coma. At this stage of her life, it's an integral part of who she is.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit