Handing in '' Field Service Report '' even if you're very ill.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My mom has not been to any meetings or participated in field service since August 2013. She cannot walk due to all her medical conditions. She is either in bed or sitting in a wheel chair.

Our family hired a caretaker Monday - Friday to help her eat, take her to the bathroom and sit with her in case she needs anything. In the evenings and weekends, we have family members take care of her. The prognosis for her to ever walk on her own is very slim.

I walk in her room last week and she is talking on the phone to an Elder in her congregation. ( They call and visit all the time ) She tells him how she listens to all of the meetings on the phone and wishes that one day she can walk and attend the meetings in person.

The Elder proceeds to ask her if she has her ''Field Service Report'' for the month. My mom responds with .......''1 hour telephone service.''

Are they serious? Does the WTBTS really need to stoop so low that they make members that are sick and homebound to hand in a Field Service Report? And what if she doesn't hand one in for the month or months at a time? Would they really label her as an "Irregular publisher"?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yep.

Jehoopla might not resurrect her, or even kill her off at Armageddon if she was irregular those last few months of her life!

• frankiespeakin
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Before she passed, my mother who was in the early stages of dementia, made up imaginary hours and gave them to the field service overseer.

Sad.

So sad.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Don't forget the loving provision of letting them count 15 min. So they are not considered inactive.

If she was in a coma and had a tract or magazine on her bed, could her family turn in time for her?

Or if she was just bed bound and had a magazine displayed could she count each nurses visit as a return visit and count the time?

Just wondering.

• Mum
    Mum

Does your mother have the motor skills and mental capacity to write letters? I'm not advocating that she do that, but that is how an infirm sister in a congregtion I attended allegedly got her hours in.

What a drag it is getting old - especially if you're a JW! It's probably too late for her to learn to stick up for herself and tell them where to go! Sad indeed!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Mum said: Does your mother have the motor skills and mental capacity to write letters?

No! Her hands shake and needs someone to cut up her food and feed her. She is sharp as a tack mentally. I remember talking her to all her Doctor appointments and she would leave Watchtower and Awake Magazines in the waiting room. That was her way of placing magazines for the month.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Are they serious? Does the WTBTS really need to stoop so low that they make members that are sick and homebound to hand in a Field Service Report? And what if she doesn't hand one in for the month or months at a time? Would they really label her as an "Irregular publisher"?

Yep......the WTS is dead serious about this. This is a man-made rule following religious corporation cult. If your mother doesn't turn in a report for 6 months she gets labelled as an ""Inactive publisher".

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 10/02 p. 8 par. 6 How Congregation Book Study Overseers Show Personal Interest ***

6 As a Loving Shepherd: The book study overseer is interested in those who because of their circumstances are able to have only a small share in the preaching work. He makes sure that those who are very limited because of advanced age or because of being shut-ins and those who are temporarily limited because of serious illness or injury are aware of the provision that allows them to report field service time in 15-minute increments if they are not able to report a complete hour during one month. (The Congregation Service Committee determines who qualifies for this provision.) He also takes an interest in those assigned to the group who may be inactive, striving to help them resume their activity with the congregation.—Luke 15:4-7.

• Dagney
    Dagney

A terminally ill friend told me about the secretary calling and telling him, "don't you have anything to report?!" My friend, who would be dead 6 weeks later, told him "put down what you want." But the conversation was so distressing to my friend, it made him feel even worse at a time he should have been able to focus on his health.

They have such a disconnect with people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit