Handing in '' Field Service Report '' even if you're very ill.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Jehovah is the Excel Spreadsheet God.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It's very sad what this organization does to seniors--making them feel guilty if they don't get that service hour.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This is a truly horrible religion. There is no excuse for these elders that hunt down reports from the sick and elderly.

They are just doing the GB's bidding -voluntarily I might add. Nobody forces you to be an elder.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

They are obsessed with numbers.

Bangalore

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

It is all about numbers and looking good.

They are have asked me to hand in 1 study, 4 return visits and 4 hours for studying with my child - told him politely i am not doing it . Teaching my child (whatever that would be) is my responsibility and not statistics to inflate the numbers!

Didn’t take it nicely, so this elder every month reminds me about and recently sent me the KM reference on why is should do this.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Numbers are so important to the WT Corporation because it is shrinking every year. Demanding 15 minutes of FS time from a sickly elderly JW is still 15 minutes on the WT's monthly spreadsheet.

To the WT, individual JWs are just 'worker units', not people. They exist solely to serve the interests of the Corporation, nothing more.

• sir82
    sir82

Does the WTBTS really need to stoop so low that they make members that are sick and homebound to hand in a Field Service Report? And what if she doesn't hand one in for the month or months at a time? Would they really label her as an "Irregular publisher"?

Yes to both questions.

In our congregstion thtre is a 90+ sister who has full blown dementia. She doesn't recognize who she herself is, let alone anyone else. She lives in an assisted living facility, rarely leaves it.

But her family is adamant that she remain a "regular publisher". They dutifully report 15 minutes for her per month, even though she is literally incapable of uttering a coherent sentence or writing anything resembling words.

The family are real "strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel" types. I'm sure it would "bother their conscience" if those 15 minutes were utterly fabricated. I suspect they do with her what the Bethelites did with Carey Barber in his final months - wheel her outside on the sidewalk in a wheelchair with a Watchtower pinned to her clothing, just for 15 minutes a month.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

stuckinarut2 said:

So this focus on numbers makes good people stoop to lying...yes going contrary to their own moral code just to fulfil a stupid demand from the elders!

I would say that many witnesses lie about their time, then try hard to reconcile these lies with their Christian conscience!

I agree 100%. They put the fear in everyone so that there are no excuses even if you are sick and infirm.

There is no way my mom ( who can't even hold a fork in her hand and feed herself ) picked up a heavy phone book and turned the pages to find names. She can't even hold a phone to dial. Someone has to hold the phone for her. There was no way she even dialed the phone numbers. Claiming she even did 1 hour of phone service is far fetched. Most people hang up within a minute. That would take numerous phone calls to add up to one hour. ( I don't blame her for faking the numbers. )

The Elders probably know that the one hour is fake . They will accept any number just to fill in the publisher record.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

sir82: But her family is adamant that she remain a "regular publisher". They dutifully report 15 minutes for her per month, even though she is literally incapable of uttering a coherent sentence or writing anything resembling words.

Another example contrasting the difference between what WT puts in print and what it actually requires in practice:

“Fully,” however, means not only quantity—not only being concerned with hour quotas*—but also with quality." --w63 4/1 p. 221

* or, in the case of modern WT, 15 minute quotas

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

A few years ago when I first stopped FS, an elder who came to 'visit' us for some 'encouragement' suggested I put in a report for an hour even if i didn't go out for that month, and reasoned that I could just make that time up the following month. My response was 'so your asking me to lie on my report? What if I don't go out next month? What then? Do I lie again next month?' I went on to give him a bit of a lecture on what 'Jehovah' thinks of lying. At that stage I still believed it all (as a born in) but struggled with attending meetings regularly & FS. It was small things like this over a few years made me start doubting this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit