Jehovah's Witnesses "New Donation" Arrangement Update!

by Littleleslie 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

So help me out here. Is there really an update to the new donation? I'm too tired to watch a long video, but I bet it must be good.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

CLARITY: Doc ....with all due respect to you, these are authentic people, relating to real people. This is not a commercial, not a business, not for money.

Clarity, I mean no disrespect for what Mike & Kim are doing. I know they are authentic and real and sincere.

It's just that even the WTS has reduced meeting length, assembly talks, the number of meetings, etc etc etc. The Superbowl had some 5 or 10 second commercials. Most folks just don't have the time nor attention span to fritter away for 15 minutes or more.

I think the other comments agree with that assessment.

Doc

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with the above comments indicating that the videos should be concise and to the point. I have never finished one of their videos and don't even think I've ever gotten to the main point of one. I don't have much tolerance for rambling either (as somebody mentioned above).

villagegirl: he has often been drinking and they just muddle up the issues and seem like two mal-contents who have no life other than just rambling on and on and on and on ......really... really.... boring. Its disorganized and irrelevant and not very informative.

That's blunt, but I agree with it.

So did anybody watch it? What is the update?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Sure a shortened video is a good idea. But let's not be too harsh here. I enjoyed watching this myself and felt like some good points were made.

• Listener
    Listener

I think the title of the video can be misunderstood. It is not an update about the new arrangement but it is an update to their original video regarding the new arrangement and what is happening in the congregations. This is how the couple work, they deal with a subject and later on give an update of current happenings within the organization.

Mike and Kim may not be for everyone and these days there is so much choice out there to consider TTATT. It is disappointing to see people criticize them when they themselves have done virtually nothing in comparison to this couple in trying to help others.

They work well together and are a pleasure to listen to. I thank them for their dedication, insight and constructive work that they do.

That is a very nasty thing to say Villagegirl about Mike when you said

he has often been drinking and they just muddle up the issues

Often drinking???? And to suggest that they are muddlying up the issues because of this is below the belt. Would you like someone to come along and say such things about you? I can only think that your comments are made to stir up trouble. Among the other nasty comments you made you say they are irrelevant. Really? They are talking about JWs and that is exactly what they do. Then you say that listening to them is like having evenings where you want to leave or just kill yourself. I am afraid that if that is the case then you have some real problems and should seek professional help.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I personally like both Mike & Kim and watch every video they make and look forward to their next video. I think what they are doing has helped many and they put themselves out there while others would never take the time and do the research they do for their videos. I do not agree at all with the statement about Mike drinking. Although they both have done happy hours, I have never noticed them going overboard with alcohol. It is one thing to give a suggestion but another thing to attack someone's character.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

it truly looks like the Borg is preparing for the long haul with this new tithing arrangement

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Listener - Sorry - He did say in the one video I saw of them, that he was drinking,

He said it himself - I am sure they are darling people - wonderful friends-

good parents - kind hearted - and are you sure I have never done anything to help

anyone ? I could make a you tube video, I am fairly verbose and opinionated,

I have opinions on everything. I could change costumes and appear as different

people and interview myself.

• scary21
    scary21

I find them funny and entertaining......I am shocked at all the negative comments

They are way better than the Kardashians and look how

many people watch them...lol They are the Kardashians of the ex JW's lol lol lol......I mean that in a good way .

• Listener
    Listener

Villagegirl, I guess I just don't understand you. You said that he was often drinking and now you say that you saw him have one drink. I wouldn't be surprised if you now said 'but I didn't actually say what he was drinking and I didn't mean to imply it was alcohol.

No, I don't know what you have done to help others and it is often people who are outspoken that stand up for others. These guys have done nothing to you and are only trying hard to help others and then you attack them with suggestions about overdrinking. How they affect you is your personal business but there is no need to be offensive regardless of how opinionated and verbose you are.

Thank you for the apology but it's not me whom you should be apologizing to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit