1975 end prediction

by FL_Panthers 83 Replies latest jw friends

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

From reading all these articles, I get the idea of 6000 years. It seems that most of the witnesses back were looking for an actual date for Armageddon to come. People were only serving jehovah for 1975. Am I right in saying this?

• sir82
    sir82

Guys, look at his posting history.

Don't feed the trolls.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

PRO=FOR..

All WBT$ articles were for 1975..

The WBT$ approved the preaching of 1975 by JWs..

There was no group of JWs preaching 1975 without approval of the WBT$..

There would have been special needs talks,warning JWs against preaching 1975..

There would have been WBT$ articles,warning JWs against preaching 1975..

There would have been disfellowshippings of JWs,for preaching 1975..

None of that happened because it was all WBT$ Approved..

...................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

Thanks outlaw

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

sir82

yes I am a troll. Please don't feed me.

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

@sir82

• TD
    TD

It seems that the GB had a rough hunch as to when the end will come. It looks like people took this as a literal form of confirmation and decided to run with it? Would I be correct in saying this?

No, you would be wrong.

They were very, very explicit that 1975 marked 6000 years since Adam's creation

They were very explicit that Eve was created less than a year after Adam. It was put into print no less than three times.

They were very explicit that the millenium must, of necessity correspond to the moment of Eve's creation. (i.e. When Jehovah's "Rest Day" began.)

This was a, "Connect the dots" rather than an explicit argument, but no intelligent person at the time misunderstood it.

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

@TD

what I want to know is how people concluded that the end would come in 1975 from the mark of 6,000 years.

• TD
    TD
    what I want to know is how people concluded that the end would come in 1975 from the mark of 6,000 years.

Jehovah's Witnesses at the time believed that the "Creative days" were 7000 years long. (I don't know if they still do.)

Jehovah's Witnesses believe(d) that Jehovah worked for six days and rested on the seventh. (i.e. A 7000 year Sabbath)

Jehovah's Witnesses at the time believed that the final 1000 years of Jehovah's 7000 year "Rest Day" was the millenium.

Jehovah's Witnesses at the time believed that 1975 marked 6000 years since Adam was created.

Jehovah's Witnesses at the time believed that Jehovah's 7000 year "Rest Day" began the moment Eve was created.

Therefore the interval between 1975 and the start of the millenium was exactly the same as the interval between the creation of Adam and the creation of Eve. They said several times in print and many times from the platform that this interval was less than a year.

• steve2
    steve2

Honestly, Panthers, your seemingly worthy question would be better directed at Witnesses themselves, or even writing into headquarters. I daresay you'll get helpful answers if you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit