1975 end prediction

by FL_Panthers 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
  • FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

What makes people think that 6,000 years is the end? How did someone come to that conclusion?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The " Life Everlasting ..........freedom ......" book was the basis of most of this stuff, Fred Franz when he wrote it was crafty enough to couch it in words that would be deniable later. Many expressions such as "Blah blah in the 20th century " may be found, as well as all the advice to put off careers etc, and the explicit statement in the 69 Awake about it all ending soon.

There is a huge amount of damning material if you search for it.

• Londo111
  • Londo111
  • FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

Is there somewhere where I can get bullet points? I'd rather not watch a feature length video.

Can someone give me a list of bullet points or do I have to read? Remember, I'm of that generation where we don't like to read.

:-)

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Quit trolling Panther...its all there on a silver platter for you, the jwfacts article has it.

If you don't want to believe it, then don't.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I'm of that generation where we don't like to read.-Panthers

I gave you a quote from jwfacts.com. I understand that you haven't got time to do lots of research all at once and get all the answers you need. Take it in small steps. If you want out the WT, you need to make sure you stay out. Research and reading is the best way.

But you can come here for a chit chat too.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Quit trolling Panther...its all there on a silver platter for you, the jwfacts article has it-LG

I have met him. He's legit, just a bit overwhelmed. We really gave him a lot to think about on Saturday, but we had fun too Kate xx

• whathappened
    whathappened

I was there. Every decision we made in the late 60's and 70's was based on the certainty that Armageddon was coming in 1975. There was even a prediction from a scientist in the old blue book "The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life" that said that animal life would be dead by the year 1975 due to polution, man's ruining the earth. The song "Chrytal Blue Persuasion" was written about the "Truth Book." That is what we called it. Anyone who was a JW in the late 60's & 70's knows what they were teaching. It was in all assembly parts and taught from the platform. If you didn't believe, you were considered spiritually weak or apostate. Later, the society denied they ever taught it. Many, many people left as a result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit