JW refuses to provide wedding stationery to Gay couple

by KateWild 176 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KateWild
    KateWild

I was outraged at this and had to post it.

http://jehovahswitnessreport.com/blog/jw-refuses-to-provide-wedding-stationery-to-gay-couple

I think she is a hypocrite and I bet she sells her invites to fornicators, or does she ask them if they are having sex before marrige, before she takes their money?

I was never like this when I was a JW, it's even more disturbing that she is going to ask her elders what to do. Shouldn't she be reading the bible instead of blindly following the elders? Besides, Gary is better off taking his business elsewhere, she doesn't derserve his money or any one else's for that matter. Hypocrite!

Kate xx

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

From the article: "Ms Wilson has so far made no formal comment other than to say she is asking her JW elders what she should do."

Another example that JWs DO NOT make decisions based on THEIR OWN consciences.

They make decision based on WHAT THEY ARE TOLD TO DO.

Were that not the case, Ms Wilson wouldn't have to ask anyone.

Doc

• KateWild
    KateWild

Doc,

Exactly one of my points, it's so infuriating that they publicly show they cannot make decisions for themselves and are all being controlled by WT. It's a cult!

Kate xx

• galaxie
    galaxie

Kate;.... I absolutely agree, JWs provide many services to people they have no knowledge of , but they will know a lot of folks will be part of babylon the great (as they see it) governmental organisations, fornicators, adulterers, criminals etc. They will take their money without a second thought. I know this from personal experience and one in particular by coincidence is a printer whose family of JWs are notorious for scandal in my area.

Absolute hypocrites.

Best wishes

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Let's hope more and more articles like this are published to show the extreme brainwashing of the jw cult. Did she also ask her elders about starting her business, or how to run it? And you're right, I'm sure she doesn't ask her customers if they've fornicated as that would also be against her beliefs...or would it? She'd have to ask her elders...

• KateWild
    KateWild

Let's hope more and more articles like this are published-CBG

It was published by PinkNews, a predominantly gay paper, shame it hasn't hit the mainstream papers. The media are just not that interested in JWs as a religion. The papers always mention blood and paedo issues but not much else, like the shunning and blind obedience to men. We live in hope hey

Kate xx

• designs
  • ambersun
    ambersun

Well it is no surprise that this sister should seek advice from the elders considering the fact that ALL jws are told to obey without question and they have their beliefs 'adjusted' every time New Light comes through from tbe GB. I bet there are many jws who arent exactly sure what the up to date teachings are regarding the overlapping generation, the GB being the FSD or what blood fractions are acceptable let alone if Jah is going to strike them dead for making wedding invites for people he might not approve of.

I know a young jw who was thinking about starting a cake making business until I pointed out that not all her customers would be jws and she might be required to make a cake for a celebration that went against her Watchtower trained concience, and she would not be able to discriminate without getting into problems. Needless to say she dropped that idea like a hot cake !

• Earnest
    Earnest

Although Jehovah's Witness Report states that

Ms Wilson has so far made no formal comment other than to say she is asking her JW elders what she should do.

that is slightly different to the original account in Pink News which reported

When asked to comment, Wilson declined, other than to say that the Elders from her congregation were to consult with her on the issue.

It may mean the same thing but it could equally mean that she wished to discuss the stand she had taken which had unexpectedly ended with her being approached by Pink News for comment.

The gentlemen involved have taken their business elsewhere and have notified the homosexual community that this particular business will not cater for them. Her fault (in law) is not that she refused custom, which is quite lawful, but that in doing so she discriminated against someone due to their sexual orientation. When I served behind the counter (many years ago) I refused to sell tobacco and so discriminated against smokers. As it happens the law now discriminates far more against smokers than I ever did. In both cases the reason for refusal is how the end product is used and I see no difference in principle to the stand taken.

• stillin
    stillin

In today's mainstream news; a baker who had refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple on religious grounds, was given a court order saying that he had to do it AND take some sort of sensitivity training.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit