JW refuses to provide wedding stationery to Gay couple

by KateWild 176 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KateWild
    KateWild

Jewish printery must be forced to make available invitations to a Nazi skin head rally.- piztjw

Being anti-semetic and running a rally is illegal in most countries, especially Isreal. This is not an appropriate comparisson in my view. Jews hate all Nazi's because the are anti-semtic and ignorant of Judaism. Gays don't hate JWs, they have different political and cultural views. Some Gays are quite possibly anti-semetic. Who knows?? Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

in the exact same line of reasoning a Jewish printery must be forced to make available invitations to a Nazi skin head rally. - pitz

A person who chooses to become a Nazi deserves to suffer the social consequences for their bigotry.

How does this equate with a man who has a romantic atttraction to other men?

In case you missed it earlier, the evidence is clear that homosxuality is an expression of genetic factors and the environment in the womb.

I hope you have the courage to come back and discuss your views.

• KateWild
    KateWild

P.S. Some Jews are gay. My dads rabbi was gay. Being gay is not a religious or political opinion. Kate xx

• Open mind
    Open mind

Apparently "Jill", the owner of Just For You Invitations, has no problem creating a "Mass booklet" that even the priest liked!

http://www.justforyouinvitations.co.uk/?m=201401

Thank you for making us the most beautiful wedding invites, mass booklets and seating plan. All our guests complemented our stationery choice. I think more than any other complement we had the personalised framed plan for our 25o guests looked just the part in the Irish Castle. Our Mass booklets even impressed the priest! Your talent and dedicated service are 1st class. A big thank you.

Sarah and Liam

I wonder if she bothered to check with her elders on that?

om

• piztjw
    piztjw

I hope you have the courage to come back and discuss your views.

I don't give a tinkers damn what two people do in private! I do though get my hackles up with the homosexual agenda which is in every magazine, every TV show, ad nauseum promoting the homosexual lifestyle, and using terms like "homophobic" against every last mothers son who doesn't buy into the homosexual lifestyle.

I stand by my opinion, and the accusation that is is a strictly JW opinion is not even worth replying to. No sense engaging in a battle of wits with unarmed people!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You still have not explained what this "homosexual agenda" is. And what the heck is a "homosexual lifestyle"???

If you don't care what people do in private, why do you have your undies in a bunch about this so called "homosexual agenda"? Are gay people supposed to go back in the closet?

You comments don't ring true, and you can't even explain them. What is wrong with a gay person being in a home decorating show?

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Why is it that the only people who use the word `promote` seem to want to supress that thing, without ever being able to demonstrate the specific harm it is supposed to do that would justify such suppression or oppression? Its rather like the word `persecute` that gets used as applying to themselves, when it is they who are doing the persecution! I am quite ashamed by my fellow Christians at times. Just saying!

• Viviane
    Viviane

I do though get my hackles up with the homosexual agenda which is in every magazine, every TV show, ad nauseum promoting the homosexual lifestyle, and using terms like "homophobic" against every last mothers son who doesn't buy into the homosexual lifestyle.

I didn't know one could buy in. Is there a stock offering? Private equity ownership?

• DJS
    DJS

Every magazine? Really? Every tv show? Really? Nothing like hysterical reactionary comments like this to let us all know where you stand, is there? I have seen a lot of movies recently, read a lot of magazines, lots of tv shows (although to qualify I don't have cable/dish/etc.) and I am completely missing out on this gay agenda thing. I just do not see it. But I suppose when you are obsessed with something you see what you want to see.

Replace these comments with "I do get my hackles up with the black agenda which is in every magazine, every TV show, ad nausem promoting the black lifestyle and using terms like "racist" against every mother's son who doesn't buy into the black lifestyle." I'm certain there were millions of AOWM in 1964 who were saying the same thing about the civil rights movement. My father was and still is one of these AOWM spouting the same hatred.

Imagine how gays feel about being overwhelmed with 'straight' and 'hetero' lifestyle ads, tv shows and movies. Or how blacks felt for decades by rarely if ever seeing anything but lily white representations of society in media.

Keep on talking haters. Keep on using ridiculous, immature, emotional, reactionary and hysterically irrational rationale. You are doing more to educate lurkers than we ever could.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013 states simply that marriage of same sex couples is lawful in England and Wales. This became law on 17 July 2013 and came into force on 13 March 2014.

Just for You Invitations, which creates personalised wedding invitations, has been in business since 2011 and at that time marriages were only legal between a man and a woman. While the thrust of most of the arguments has been that Ms Wilson is discriminating due to sexual orientation I would say that her objection is that she doesn't recognise their union as marriage. I believe she would also decline if requested to make invitations for a polygamous marriage for the same reason.

One might say that if the law changes the meaning of a word then we must change our understanding of it, however it specifically allows that this does not alter the definition in canon law that marriage is of one man with one woman and it is little surprise that many still view it so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit