What is the key to free yourself from the Organization?

by suavojr 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

They key to free yourself from the organization is having mental clarity of what is happening in relation to the Watchtower, inside and out. Their basic concept is that they are God's sole organization on earth. There really is no basis for anyone to make that statement. All religions say this in different ways and forms and the ones that believe it, fall victims to any organization that proclaims authority from God.

Once you understand that Jehovah's Witnesses have no authority over one’s self, that’s when the process of liberation starts regardless of all doctrinal errors they may have.

It is not a matter of doctrine, it is about understanding that they are just one more organization in this conglomerate of religions, and highly detrimental to its members.

Forgot to mention that learnig TTATT or the Truth About The Truth, is not for the lazy people that are not willing to do some deep and thorough research.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I think this quote sums up what, in essence, changed my thinking:

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

Marcus Aurelius

The Dakota's had the right idea too:

Old Dakota Indian Proverb: "when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount".

• suavojr
    suavojr

I love that quote!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

suavojr:

For me there was that proverbial "last straw" and this might be different for everybody else. Some ultimately leave the JW religion because of doctrine, some because of how they were treated and some a combination of both. But, there is always that something that is the deciding factor to make you walk.

When you hit the "last straw" moment, something goes off in your head and you know it is over. That last straw for ME was their 1995 changed teaching on Generation. I didn't even know the whole TTATT but I knew something was dreadfully wrong.

For a long time I doubted their claim that they were Gods sole organization on earth - as if anybody should be making this claim! I don't think there is an entity on the earth that fits this bill.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

the key to leaving is just quit going

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Realizing that the organization has no authority over me was the most important step. It was like an oil tanker was lifter off my Chest. I finally had permission to live my life and not have my worth as a person judged by what time I arrived at the meetings and how many hours I went in service. i saw that elders cared more about things like that them being a loving person. It's ok to be a raging narcissistic douche as long as you reach out. This didn't mesh with what Jesus said was most important, loving others. I also knew that I didn't jesus didn't care if I didn't study my watchtower or missed a meeting. Only by corporation handlers cared. Can you imagine how absurd it is for a grown man to feel guilty for not studying his watchtower before the Sunday meeting?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

it truly is an organization of merrit based on QUANTITY! , not quality, you could have 45hrs of servie each and every damn month, you get the promotion. on the other hand, if you conduct one bible study with the same person for an hour each week, total of 4hrs, you're unworthy. the biggest problem I found was this very fact. Truly, CO, Elder, MS, Pioneer, any other title but Publisher, you are the lower class

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The key to freeing yourself from the JW organization is to question absolutely everything that you know or think you know, do not be afraid of where that questioning will take you because truth does not need to be protected from lies, be able to admit you were wrong about anything and everything.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....WBT$ GB Pope & Tight Pants!...............WBT$ GB Pope,God & Chickens!..

...................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think the key is different for everyone as we are unique. But really being free longterm needs dilligent research. jwfacts.com and COC did it for me. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit