What is the key to free yourself from the Organization?

by suavojr 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

For me the orginization was never something to fight with.

To break free only took knowledge of evolution and archeology. Education. Real educastion is something JW kids lack.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It could be one thing or a hundred things, but ultimately it is the decision that you will not give them one more minute of your life. Once you decide that, you are free.

• solitairelife
    solitairelife

One of the most important things for me was realizing that the mentality there was purely superstitious. 'If you leave, you will die'...no, you will not. For in that day your eyes will become opened, and you will finally begin to live. After almost 20 years out I am still here, to their dismay I'm sure.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What is the key to free yourself from the Organization?

Simple answer = " The Truth "

The WTS. from its very beginning created a vast amount of lies to cultivate interest and attention toward

its own published goods, at the same time creating a semblance of power and wealth toward the top leaders.

Exploiting the established belief in the bible, the WTS. created its own select doctrines to allure following adherents through its published literature.

So when a person leaves that organization they are essentially freeing themselves from that corruption

and all the entailing lies, fear and ignorance.

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

ADCLMS- thanks for the quote that one is going to stick with me for a long time!

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The OP is right...as soon as you realise that the FDS are not the sole channel of communication by God and that he would never use them then the house of cards come tumbling down very fast because it is amazing to see how many of the core doctrines we use to believe that came from the FDS without scriptural evidence (evidently Jesus meant an overlapping generation..evidently meaning based on evidence...where is the evidence?) that we just accepted on the premesis that they were chosen...

Once you hit that point you will fade fast...I did.

• designs
    designs

Is there any reason to put any validity into historic episcopacy.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

it is as easy and as hard as simply.....walking away.

I was shocked how easy it was.

• cha ching
    cha ching

It seems to me, that people who "love the truth" can no longer STAND to keep supporting a lie when they find out the TTAT.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FRIENDS.

What the WT offers is a group of automatic friends. A network. A community.

While some people never seem to "fit in" with the WT group, I suspect they may have trouble fitting in anywhere. Most however are welcomed with open-arms and find themselves with more friends than they've ever acquired in life. Yes, yes, I know they are "conditional" friends, but as long as one is willing to meet with their conditions, TA-DA! you have someone to socialize with for every occasion. JW weddings and funerals are notoriously the biggest events.

When one walks away from the Organization they soon discover that empty feeling -- no friends. Let's face it, it's hard to make friends. When you're a JW, every other JW is a friend (at least to some point). Car break down while traveling? Call the Kingdom Hall and the "friends" will help you. (Prob not with money, but with transportation and maybe even temp housing.) Working out of town? Drop in a the Kingdom Hall and the "friends" will provide you an instant social network.

Once you develope that network of "worldly" friends, you'll find out that they like you for YOU. The conditions are gone. But it's not an easy thing to do.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit