The resolution was actually passed!

by stillin 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary
    Mary

Based on the pledges that the publishers put on those little pieces of paper, the congregation is promising the WTS that they will send $1,000/month to support the Society's building funds.

LMAO! That is hilarious. Considering that the Organization's gravy train more or less hit the skids when they went to the 'voluntary donation arrangement' for the literature (to avoid paying taxes), there's no way the congregations are going to be giving this kind of money to Big Brother each and every month. Not just because Witnesses are trained to be cheap, but because most Witnesses simply can't afford to.

My JW sister told me a couple of weeks ago that they've come up with a 'new arrangement' but I was driving downtown Toronto and wasn't paying much attention. Can someone bring me up to speed as to what this 'new arrangment' is? I was under the impression that they want to pass around envelopes for donations and that they're getting rid of the contribution boxes at the back of the Hall. Is this correct?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So who's going to object?

Consider the repercussions of objecting.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I abstained from the resolution on the pledge in my congregation because, like berrygerry said, the resolution in no way followed the rules.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Good for you!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ Mary: here's the "new"arrangement as per the BOE Letter:

Contribution boxes: As noted above, on May 1,
    2014, each Kingdom Hall should have only two types of contribution boxes, one
    labeled “Local Congregation Expenses” and one labeled “Worldwide Work.”

• What should be done with existing “Kingdom Hall Construction Worldwide”
    boxes or boxes set up to accept donations for a local building project?

These boxes will no longer be used for accepting donations in support of
    Kingdom Hall or Assembly Hall construction. They should be removed or relabeled
    to accept donations for the worldwide work on May 1, 2014.

----

Publishers are to write on slips of paper what they will contribute to the AH and KH funds per month, in addition to the other WT funds and monthly cong. expenses.

• Mary
    Mary

Contribution boxes: As noted above, on May 1, 2014, each Kingdom Hall should have only two types of contribution boxes, one labeled “Local Congregation Expenses” and one labeled “Worldwide Pedophile Defense Work.”

Aaaaah, got it. I wonder how much longer it'll be before they're passing these around on Sundays:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No matter how well it is explained, many members typically only hear "Put down how much you can give each month." They don't realize that the 20 dollars they now donate to the Kingdom Hall shouldn't be counted, but that this is in addition to local funds needed.

It's gunna be a problem for many congregations.

• jam
    jam

So now they will have to designate one of the Elders to

become a bill collector. Let your yes mean yes, you dead beat.

Announcement made, Sister Hardtime is DF. After the

announcement of sister Hardtime a special talk is given "Let your

yes mean yes". Now everyone knows why sister Hardtime was DF and

a warning for the flock.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I sounds to me like a lot of people in your hall are depending on others to come up with the money. People sit passively and let these resolutions get passed and they personally have no intention of contributing a cent more that they already give. "Let George do it."

• stillin
    stillin

The pledge slip is still in my bag. Not filled out, never will be. If I feel like contributing, I will contribute. I haven't felt like contributing for a few years now.

i have a feeling that this is going to be fun to watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit