The resolution was actually passed!

by stillin 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

Who would have thought that enough people would raise their hands when the resolution was put before the congregation tonight? Based on the pledges that the publishers put on those little pieces of paper, the congregation is promising the WTS that they will send $1,000/month to support the Society's building funds.

there is a traditional monthly shortfall of about $100 with the basic monthly bills usually around $1,000. So we will see.

I didn't raise my hand. Nobody cared.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

What the hell were they thinking?

Have you ever noticed some times that the vote goes through with out any one raising their hands!

hmm, so now they do pledges on paper!

What set them a part from other churches. They donate by handing in a slip.

• stillin
    stillin

They ALWAYS raise their hands! OMG, it's like, apostate not to raise your hand!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Interesting, here I recall years ago most would not raise their hands to all those in favor. Then the elder would announce it went through when no one raised their hands but maybe a few old elders.

Pre set to what they wanted to do by local elders. I think most knew that.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Every resolution gets passed... Why the surprise? have you EVER seen a resolution not be passed?

• twice shy
    twice shy

They all pass. I, too, have never seen a resolution opposed.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I have seen a resolution be questioned and even opposed, twice, I think. But it was just one or two people in opposition. The majority won.

-Aude.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

amazing, I am just totally insensed by this new arrangement

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

WOW! and of course if that amount isn't met by donations I'm sure there will talks on how we need to let our vow to Jehovah stand and our yes mean yes

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Wait until reality sets in and these brain-dead JWs realize the mess they've gotten themselves into !!!

Right now they are so caught up in the "this is for Jehovah, what a loving provision" mode, they aren't even thinking rationally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit