Are you complicit if you stay in?

by mrhhome 49 Replies latest jw friends

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Kate - First of all the remarks about standing up to the Watchtower

from the platform and not enabling were directed at full

grown mature Elders, not dependent children and teenagers.

But having said that - if you are in North America-

there are laws protecting you.

You do not need a lawyer to go to Family Court and fight

for your legal rights to your son, fight for him, stand up

to your ex-husband. I drove one thousand miles to LA to go

to an American Court and filed the papers myself to

gain access to my grandchildren. If you feel isolated,

take action and be pro-active in involving yourself where

there are people and things to do, school,clubs, volunteer etc.

Don't be passive, nothing comes to those who wait,

you have to change things by action. Nothing is easy for any of us.

Its all a struggle, till we learn how to make it easier for

ourselves and find our own sources of joy.

Keep getting up, and make a plan and follow the plan

till it stops working and then modify it and keep going.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Billy - You are right as well - we need saboteurs - and spies -

its complicated, everyone knows their own motives.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Am I complicit if I never joined? I graciously accepted any materials offered, without paying for any of it. Didn't feel guilty about it either. I advise exiting Witnesses not to make it any easier on the elders. If the elders waste hours and days of their lives chasing their tails, that's hours or days they aren't recruiting or disfellowshipping some poor sod.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Keep getting up, and make a plan and follow the plan till it stops working and then modify it and keep going. -VG

Thank you for your encouragement, but my point was that many couldn't do what I did because it is too scary for them to have such a challenge. I am coping. TBH recently I have reconnected with all my studies and see them often, I am not as isolated as I once was so my situation is improving.

Billy, you make a good point but it's doing some of them harm staying in. I like to see what my son is learning, but it's not essential for his well being, we have jw.org. Those stuck in who are suffering severe CD need our support more than we need theirs. I must say Billy, you have done a lot of good on this site and yu helped me to exit. Thanks

Kate xx

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is not quite as simple as "standing up one day and announcing TTATT from the platform and walking out" sadly...

I am stuck in the rut and find it very hard to seize the opportunity to act decisively...there is so much involved........

But I am thankful for the support this forum provides.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

mrhhome , I do hear you and you are in a sorry state. I cannot turn the clock back for anyone. Most of my life has been as a WT/GB controlled drone. Once I woke up to TTATT, I was out of there because the knowledge that I had been swindled out of my life, is hard to take. It made me physically ill and I cannot stand liars and those who trick people out of their lives so they can live the life, they want . And that is directed not just at the GB but also the Writing Dept, Legal Dept, Service Dept, and all the Circuit Overseers and District Overseers and pious, demanding Elder's who want good hearted, humble people to look up to them, and obey them, as if they speak from God himself. No. You do not!

I appreciate how hard it is for those who know TTATT and have to sit through meetings with their loved ones... until their loved ones can wake up, and they can all leave together. I think that is commendable.

Personally, I want to know what collossal screw ups WT/GB is doing this week. lol

I also enjoy hearing ones posting on JWN as they are sitting at a KHall or assembly. That is quite funny.

I vote for having spies in, to advise on what is really happening behind the wizard's little curtain.

Those spies are hero's in my book.

Billy the X .

LoisLane

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I agree with your OP..
    I Wrote about JW`s being Accomplices in my own thread..

Heres a Link to it..

...The WBT$ Theft of Kingdom Hall Bank Accounts and JW Elders...

So your definitly not alone..

A lot of people feel exactly the way you do..

................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

it is just because of cognitive dissonce, or whatever it is, it is a great burden on the average dub mind to realize what the Borg is and to be forced to practise it or else perhaps lose all of your dub friends, family and perhaps even business partners.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Are you complicit if you stay in?

Yep!

Revelation 18:4-5

"Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.

abe

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

"Complicit" is the exact word I used when I told myself that I could no longer sit in my chair in the Hall I had attended for many years. "Complicit" is the concept that gave me the courage to get up and leave in the middle of a Public Talk one Sunday when I decided that I could not sit silently in my seat and listen to what I was hearing from the platform while knowing several things that were dramatically wrong in just my hall.

At the time, I felt there was no way to express my concerns about mistreatment/disregard of children and women and the general lack of love and appreciation of congregation members without being brought under judicial inquiry for speaking against the organization.

To remain silently seated was to be complicit with the actions of the leaders and the congregation members. My conscience would not let stay put. I was a 'walk-away believer', though. So my leaving honestly and sincerely an act of loyalty to Jehovah.

I up and left. They never came looking for me. My family never asked 'why'.

A few have invited me back over the past 20 years. I (mostly) politely decline.

Others feel a need to stay - for a variety of reasons. I kind of get it. They have to do what they feel is right for themselves and their family - even if I think the better decision is to leave and find unconditional friends. You, unfortunately, inherited a cultic mess. Good luck with that! If I were you, I'd probably be inclined to laugh and tell them that I think they are ALL f'in nuts and the shunning is the most *UN*-christian thing I've ever seen. And tell them that until they get rid of that non-christian behaviour, I don't even want to waste my precious time listening to anything remotely religious that they have to say.

Please keep in touch here and let us know how things progress. But yes, I agree that 'complicit' is what JWs are - especially the ones who have woken up.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit