Why Did the Governing Body Change Their Interpretation Of Matthew 24:45-47?

by Cameron_Don 36 Replies latest jw friends

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Cameron Don Thanks for this, it is so true.

2Thessalonians 2:10,11…

"Because they did not accept the love of the truth that is why God lets an operation of error go to them so that they may get to believing the lie.”

The scripture they really need to see for what it is in truth, is Mattew 25: 35-40

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ( those on his right are ALL the sheep )‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

• prologos
    prologos

As I read it, in 1919 the F&D- Slave was installed over the domestics, but not over 'all the belongings' of the master Christ, which for all practical purposes would encompass the Entire Cosmos, a gift from the Father. that of course can only happen if you are immortal, heavenly and that happens to the F&DS and the other resurrected 'Anointed' in the 'rapture' just before Armageddon, during the GT.

the big problem with this idea is, that in 1919, the socalled F&DS was really balled up in false prophecies, " The World HAS ENDED--Millions-- will never die--", the old faithful ready to live in San Diego, driving the 16 cylinder Cadillac-- see the book proclaimers and all.

Why did they do it? like always: REACTING to reality, consolidate power, even declared power.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Listener: I believe the change was made because they wanted to take away any authority from the anointed and place it only upon the Governing Body.

I agree. I believe the GB was receiving all sorts of unwanted questions, input, suggestions, advice, instructions, gripes, complaints, etc. from partakers all over the earth. And according to the official JW doctrine at the time, they had every right to voice such, as the GB collectively was their spokesman; the GB was supposed to speak for them, not for itself. The GB should have had no more authority than non-GB partakers.

I believe the GB wanted to shut the other partakers up; they were a nuisance, and because of them, the power was spread too thin. So what did the GB do? It started searching the Scriptures to look for a way to make them (the Scriptures) fit its (the GB’s) desired doctrine. The result? New light and the non-GB partakers have no more say-so than a pre-pubescent mike handler.

The GB is now all-powerful. Seven men run the show (unless, as some say, lawyers and other behind-the-scenes big-shots do).

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

it places more Awe and inspiration on them for the rank n file, isolates them from the annointed, possibly a precursor to New light making the annointed 'figurative', symbolic

• smiddy
    smiddy

All of the above just goes to prove what an arrogant , despicabel , lying , manipulative , cult this money grabbing real estate / publishing organisation , Jehovahs Witnesses/WTB&TS are , posing as a religous organisation fleecing their flock for their own gain .

And these are just their good points.

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't think the Governing Paedophile Protecting Body even believe in the bible or god. They are the CEOs of a company and are reaping the financial reward and enjoying a rock star lifestyle. Any changes they make are about getting more money and power.

I get the impression that these days the GB only use the bible as a lever. If a ''biblical doctrine'' became obvious to them that meant them having to give up their lifestyle and close the watchtower and it's corporations, I have no doubt they would totally ignore said doctrine and continue to extort money to protect their precious paedos.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

It's all about the money and maintaining absolute power. Keep the people confused, and prepare their minds and hearts to blindly obey any forthcoming instructions.

Didn't the Bible say that the light would keep brighter, during the time of the end?

If you don't understand, that's PROOF that their prophecy is being fulfilled!

JW's need only understand one thing: Keep Kingdom interests above all else.

(Put aside all your selfish thoughts: Recreation, Eating & Drinking, Health Concerns, Weddings, Family Ties, Material Pursuits)

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Wow, punkofnice... How did you do that?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Didn't the Bible say that the light would keep brighter, during the time of the end?

This IS what the JWs believe.....I don't think any other xtian does though.

Of course if you believe the bible is true you'll find the whole of proverbs 4 when taken in context has no connection to the light getting brighter at the time of the end. The WBT$ has used this scripture for their own money making scam.

Money and power is the name of the game for these WBT$ leaders. The stealth tithe attests to that in itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit