About Human Birth- (Which I've just seen) First Child today

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I have seen many witnesses with 4,5,6,7 kids. No problem with that. They are mostly loving families but today I experianced the birth of my son.

The emotions of my wife... the pain... the fear... the hope combined with the joy of the birth and seeing my wife reaction when she held the baby was well balanced.

But I thought of something else as I reflect on today.

Evolution vs Creation. How could a normal thinking person witness this and believe there is a loving god in the heavens,

Objections:

1. We are imperfect- Then God F***ed up

2. Adam and Eve sin and God curses Eve with birth pangs.- Then why worship a sick violent, horrifing diety like that??? << What I saw today was not the result of a loving god.

3. Well the ends fit the means.... - Well of course the joy of a child does overshowdow the pan in the end but that changes nothing about the birth!

4. Humans are special..- Wrong. Most mamals deliver the same way. The difference is the Humans, Chimpanzees, Elephants and Dolphins are self concious and can retain an idea about the pain. This is not a good argument for a creator since humans in this case are almost exactly like our cousins.

5. Well modern technology causes more suffering.... Granted to as slight degree. (Warning the following comments are 18+ rated) My wife ended up having a vacuum assited delivery. While this is of course not overly bad it was very painful since I observed the cup was bigger then the baby's head and did more tearing. So I will grant this argument however.,,,

...Moratlity of infants in Canada in the 21st century is very very high. Could that same be said 1000 years ago in France, Russia or Egypt? No. It can't. While I totaly respect a midwife option I would do it only with the understanding that if something happens we go to emergency in the hospital if something happens... Being my wif'es first baby this was wiser do at a hospital for us. BTW midwives will also use Vacuum too.

In conclusion instead of giving me any faith in Jehovah this experiance, while giving me new spirituality, does very much prove evolution by natural selection as truth.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh Happy Day! Your first child was born! A son.

and 3 Gold Stars...

Hope everyone will be home soon and you can live your happy life as normal people.

Congratulations.

LoisLane

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Thank you. I hope all turns out well. I am raising us agnostic or skeptic.. she is sill a jw but is inactive and after today this will break her. There were 6 phone call to the hospital from the local elder asking if we needed asstince with blood.

I will decided that I know more of medicine on wikepedia then he does in 30 years of truck driving lol

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

HowTheBibleWasCreated, Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your son!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congreatulations.

Get one of these

Atheism Symbol Infant Bodysuit

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
  • cofty
    cofty

Congratulations!

Before you have children you probably thought about sex a lot - when you last had some, how good it was, when you might get some more.

Now substitute the word sex for sleep.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Congratulations, having children is the most rewarding experience I have had in my life. My eldest is going to be 21 tomorrow and I can't believe it paased so quickly. Make every second count. don't take cofty so seriously the sleepless nights only last a few months, and its worth it.

Having said that my daughter woke me up at midnight the other day because she had something on her mind and needed some comfort from her mum.

Congratulations again. All the best.

Kate xx

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Congrats! Cofty is correct. What little sleep you get will be filled with dreams of getting more sleep.

Also, childbirth is a horrendous experience which I only experienced once before I realized that was enough. It wasn't magical or mystical. It just was plain old miserable.

Children rob you of sleep, time with your significant other and money. And they don't even bother to smile for the first month.

But, that first smile is so precious!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

So let me understand , you see the birth of your child and this leads you

to conclude there is no God? Do sunsets have the same effect ? When you walk

in the forests and see the mountains rise majestically and hear the birds sing,

this causes you to not believe in God? This site has atheist #1 and atheist#2

I am suprised they are not both here, to tell you that microbiology and all life forms

prove to them, there is no God. But to an atheist everything proves there is no God.

Music, Art, Dance, flowers, animals, children, oceans, lakes, trees,

all proof there is no God. Just ask them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit