About Human Birth- (Which I've just seen) First Child today

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

HTBWC - congratulations! and yes, it is an experience that wil change your world-view. The 'miracle of birth' is indeed, a painful and dangerous experience.

I've been privileged to be a birth coach twice, and the suffering involved in some births could not be put on women by a 'loving God'. My own experiences with pregnancy have shown me the same. If I believed in God, I would shake my hand at the sky, and curse him for all the suffering he has brought ... but, no, I do not have that luxury. It's the open eyes of the unbeliever that see clearly - we are on our own in this life, with no benevolent omnipotent 'father' looking down on us.

When I see the love shown by a mother cat for her kittens, that causes her to return to a burning building SIX TIMES to rescue her kittens, I realize I am no better than the other animals on our little blue planet, third from the sun. Now, you just remember that the best life you can give that tiny parcel that was delivered today, is a life of freedom from expectations, and nurturing.

Happy for you!

xo

tal

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Dear How, Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your son! I'm glad everything went okay and they both are well. May your little son grow up with much love and peace. Best wishes to you all.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Today is the first day of your awsome new life. Enjoy every moment .

• rebel8
    rebel8

Congratulations

Adam and Eve sin and God curses Eve with birth pangs.- Then why worship a sick violent, horrifing diety like that??? << What I saw today was not the result of a loving god.

This is making me giggle a little. I saw a birth once and had the same reaction. Everyone around me was like, "Oh, doesn't that make you want to have a baby? It's so beautiful."

Um, HELL NO.

It was NOT beautiful to see a woman's soft bits be basically split in half like something out of a bad alien movie. I could not believe she didn't pass out or die from the pain.

And the thought, "I want to have a baby," could not have been further from my mind. Instead I wanted to have a chastity belt soldered onto my hips, with my legs crossed, while I was moving to a convent on an island in a shark-infested ocean, with doors that lock from the outside, so I'd have zero chance of becoming pregnant.

• talesin
    talesin

LMAO!

Yes, yes, yes! Ah-yup.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Happy Father's and Mother's Day to you and your wife!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Remember Science ? You all like science right ? Did you know in 2014

science has developed painless ways to give birth? Even in the 70's when

I had a baby. There are lots of pain killers and methods of delivery that

cause no pain at all. Some women choose a natural birth. A quick low trauma

birth is best for both mother and child controlled by an expert obstetrition in a

modern hospital, fully equiped. This isn't the dark ages.

• talesin
    talesin

Remember Science ? You all like science right ? Did you know in 2014

science has developed painless ways to give birth? Even in the 70's when

I had a baby. There are lots of pain killers and methods of delivery that

cause no pain at all. Some women choose a natural birth. A quick low trauma

birth is best for both mother and child controlled by an expert obstetrition in a

modern hospital, fully equiped. This isn't the dark ages.

Seriously. You don't know much about childbirth and medicine, then. Day-yum! We have come a long way since the 70s, and now KNOW that drugging up the mother is NOT the way to go.

You have NO IDEA. Birthing in the hospital, when the fetus is at risk? They wait untli the baby is AT RISK for death, until they intervene, knowing that nature's way IS THE BEST.

You speak from ignorance, village girl. Get educated.

xo

tal

• smiddy
    smiddy

Congratulations to you both and your new born son .

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Congrats.

I was there at the birth of all 3 of mine. Twas very moving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit