About Human Birth- (Which I've just seen) First Child today

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jemba
    jemba

Congratulations on the birth of your first baby! The miracle of birth certainly doesnt make me believe in God more and doesnt change my view that there is probably a creator of some sort that has just walked away from his creations.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I have had two homebirths and do not think of them as overly painful experiences at all. Our bodies are made for this, in many cases the "problems" in labour are created by drugs/fear/lack of movement. The actual incidence of complications without these things would be very very low. Hospitals have their place, but much of the time they interfere and cause the problems they then fix. Women in general are also trained by society from a young age to fear birth and that their bodies are ill-equipped for the task, this becomes a self fulfilling prophecy for many.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

Not believing in God or Eve's curse obviously also helps in not expecting a bad birth experience.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Many congratulations, I was present at my children's birth and wouldn't have missed it. I remember thinking that the "miracle of birth" was, how the bloody hell that the contents of that huge overfull abdomen were going to get out of the apropriate aperture. It worked out but not without collateral damage.

It didn't seem believable then and after all these years it still doesn't. If you consider the process of natural selection though, it still must be a pretty efficient way of going about things.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Thank you all.

Villige girl- I am constanly awed by mountains and oceans and trees (I live in British Columbia) That doesn't prove there is a God. I can be spritual without being religious.

While I agree modern medicine can help and in the case of baby #1 this was the option we chose a home birth can be easier and often better.

Actually from an evolutionary standpoint a birth in water is probably the best but I'll save that topic for another day.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

Congrats.

My wife had three natural child births. I concluded that women are tougher than men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit