If You Could Tell A Jehovah's Witness One Thing~~~What Would It Be?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I really would just like to ask them if they believe Everything they hear on the platform or read in a magazine. They seriously look like cultists. It is embarrassing.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

"Have a nice day."

Other than that there is no zinger I care to unload to change his or her beliefs.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

You can't tell a JW anything... but I would ask a question.

"What would you think of a religious organization, that warned it's followers not to listen to any outside information regarding their own history or actions?"

If you were going to leave your child at a child care center, would you check their references? Would you trust that child care provider, if they warned you not to listen to what other people were saying about them? Would you disregard the testimony of a previous client? What if you heard allegations of sexual abuse in that day care center? What if you approached the provider about those accusations, and they told you that the accuser was just a liar, who had a mental disease? Would you trust the life of your children in the hands of that child care provider? ... What if that provider told you, "You can believe me. I speak for God himself." ? Would that make him worthy of your trust?

Why aren't Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to examine the teachings, policies and actions of their own organization?

Why are they warned not to expose themselves to ANY outside information?

What has convinced you that the leaders of the Watchtower, are actually God's true channel on earth today?

Why is God telling you to plug your ears and close your eyes?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Faithful Witness - "What would you think of a religious organization, that warned it's followers not to listen to any outside information regarding their own history or actions?"

I like that one.

If I were to say anything, it would be (albeit gently), "the Watchtower Society is dying".

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

If You Could Tell A Jehovah's Witness One Thing~~~What Would It Be?

.....it's a cult.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How does your gospel compare with the gospel Paul preached? (i.e. in terms of content, nature of salvation, criteria for salvation and means of salvation)

• Comatose
    Comatose

Anthony Morris III is a turd. And the governing body are poopheads.

• designs
    designs

Take your childern on nature trips, let me enjoy sports, and get a good education.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"It's a dangerous mind-control cult."

"Be like the Boreans would be in today's information age. Google [Jehovah's Witnesses] and do not be afraid to go everywhere it takes you. Don't worry because the truth does not cower in the darkness."

"Question everything. If a Mormon asked you if they should read information from former Mormons, how would you answer?"

Any of those above.

• happy@last
    happy@last

The title of the thread asked, what would you tell them, not what would you ask, so I would tell them:

1. You are being used by men not god

2. Don't believe anything that you are told and half of what you see, search it out for yourself

The OP then asked what would you ask:

1. Why are elders instructed not to co-operate with cases of child abuse when questioned by the police?

2. When does a loving father stop being a loving father?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit