The CO visit this week he says" In August..."

by James Jackson 41 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

What is happening in August ? - A worldwide campagn with a new tract entitled " Where Can We Find Answers to Life’s Big Questions?"

Shouldn't the title of the campaign be, if WT truly believed its own rhetoric, "100 years of Christ's reign- Armageddon is imminent (again) !"

Thanks , ADCMS

And as James Jackson says

"Friends, this could be your last time for you to show your love and zeal for Jehovah by Pioneering in August".

So once again the organisation is putting a date on the end somewhat psuedo in this case .

And of course when nothing out of the ordinary takes place a new spin /nu-lite will be forthcoming to delude the delusional once again .

very sad

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

" The watchtower has become the furniture store that is going out of business for the 100 time."

That's the best analogy I've ever heard!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

JW's have been marching around in circles for 120 years thinking the end is right around the corner.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The watchtower has become the furniture store that is going out of business for the 100 time.

I hate stores with the never-ending closing down sale. Yet the average JW keeps falling for it year after year. The WTS has provided that script because they know it will be a good source of motivation for this year, and the "sheep" will force it out of their memories by next year.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Same old carrot

Same old stick

When will the rank and file wake up and realise that the piece of string separating the two never gets any shorter?!

Sigh

Edited to say I think yadda's illustration of going round and round in a never ending circle sums it up perfectly!

• minimus
    minimus

The watchtower has become the furniture business going out of business got the 100th time.... The best line yet!!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This all sounds very familiar. Let's see where have I heard this before?? Oh, yeah, I remember:

"We see no reason for doubting, therefore, that the Times of the Gentiles ended in October, 1914; and that a few more years will witness their utter collapse and the full establishment of God's kingdom in the hands of Messiah." (Watchtower Reprints, VI, Sept 1, 1916, p. 5950)

Don't hold your breath !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can reassure anyone that this is NOT the last chance to pious-sneer. They can say that joke-hova is going to do Armageddon this fall. However, that does not mean anything. First, they have been saying that since the mid 1800s, and the forerunner of the jokehovians said it was 1874. And that was in 1872. That failed, so they kept bumping up the date. More recently, I heard that this was the last REJECT Astaroth Party, so you should take a good look at the table--in 1989.

Worse, why would joke-hova finish this before the damnation workings have worked? The hounder-hounders are instructed that, in lieu of a second meeting during the middle of the week, to drag inactive people back into the fold. Why, if this August is the last chance? Plus, there is a nice juicy transit of Saturn in Sagittarius starting December 23 (or December 24, for those who are in the Far East like Japan, Australia, New Zealand, or far eastern Asia). With a single break as Saturn goes retrograde and re-enters Scorpio for a few short months in June-September 2015, it will remain in Sagittarius until late 2017. Why would that beady-eyed monster skip out on that time to enslave more people? Such as forcing inactive people back in field circus (under threat of a legally binding contract called their baptism) to scam people into the cancer. Let August be the last chance, that thing joke-hova loses more than three prime years to scam people (perhaps after pulling off Internet II to cut off alternatives) into the cancer. That is three years where all jokehovians could have been required to pious-sneer. And, at that, at the 100 hour level, not just the Dirty Thirty.

I don't think joke-hova is going to let a prime astrological opportunity like this Saturn in Sagittarius transit go to waste.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I remember when people use to actually get scared over these whipped up scare tactics. Crazy times.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why would Jehovah-thoughtform destroy Billions of potential food sources? No organism intentionally destroys it's food... The human race isn't going anywhere.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit