The CO visit this week he says" In August..."

by James Jackson 41 Replies latest jw friends

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Up until 5 years ago, the Co used to work up their own parts for specfic congregations in their circuits. Not so more. Everything is up to script, in other words, every CO in the Country are givings the same talks in the local congregations they visit. What got me to cringe is when he said at the meeting, trying to encourage everyone to pioneer this August; He Said :" You know this October it will be 100 years since Gods Kingdom began ruling, remember what happen when Joshua told the Israelites to March around Jericho on the seventh day, and what happened when they let out a great war cry? "

"Friends, this could be your last time for you to show your love and zeal for Jehovah by Pioneering in August".

I told my wife, " I can't believe this is in his outline, I will wait to see what happens come November".

• designs
    designs

Just to seal the deal on crazy maybe he could have the friends march around the parking lot 7 times.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • trujw
    trujw

The watchtower has become the furniture store that is going out of business for the 100 time.

• bigmac
    bigmac

the CO is right !---in part---IT IS a 100 years since--a 100 years ago.

• stillin
    stillin

Meet the new circuit overseer. Same as the old circuit overseer

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

100 years in October ! how enlightening

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Most JW's have wasted their lives away and have gotten so old waiting on the Watchtower's false end of the world predictions.....that they couldn't even march around the block 7 times much less march around Jericho. LOL

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Our CO did NOT say that! He did say, " This could very well be the greatest campaign EVER!! The GB are excited! So if they are excited...."

I have not given out on invitiation, and I won't.

DD

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

FYI regarding CO talks, here's the deal. They have a number of outlines from the branch that they can use, with the exception of the public talk. They have leeway in choosing which ones to use for a particular congregation. They are also able to tailor the talk to 'suit the needs of the cong.' It's been this way for at least 10 years. I'm honestly still surprised at this since most of the weird shit you hear is from a CO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit