The CO visit this week he says" In August..."

by James Jackson 41 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

If the end is so close that October is possibly an outer range for this system, why did WT even bother selling all their Brooklyn real estate, 17 Branches worldwide, and begin the Warwick project that will take several years to complete???

Instead of gaining a deeper foothold in this world by financial investments, shouldn't the GB have been making an all-out final effort to warn the world like Harold Camping did by buying massive amounts of tv, newspaper and billboard ads?

Hypocritical monkey's asses !

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Isn't that Jericho story fictional though?? According to history etc.... I don't know the complete picture but it does make the CO's speech a bit dead in the water.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I must be dense. Since when does the march around Jericho equate to 100 years of God's Kingdom ruling years? Are they making the Jericho march into a prophecy? This religion is getting weirder and weirder...

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

He was equating the fall of Jericho, with the fall of this "System of Things".

He also said: "From a Biblical stand point, October is a month that many Bible Prophecies get fulfilled".

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Don't forget as well that August is the last month of the service year. I bet you any money they are pushing for the largest number of hours, pioneers, tracts (which are now on the report), etc. ever so they can make capital out of the "great shout of praise in this momentous year".

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

The end is so eminent we are having shorter conventions and less meetings and a huge money grab. It becomes clearer everyday that the GB doesn't even believe the mess they spew. Sadly there are those who latch on to every word.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What is happening in August ? - A worldwide campagn with a new tract entitled " Where Can We Find Answers to Life’s Big Questions?" .

Nothing special about that you might say, but the answer to that question , as described in the letter to the congs. was, " A key objective of this global campaign is to widely advertise the jw.org Web site. " Yes, the Inter net now is the place to find the answers to life's problems and the direction now is no longer to "Read Gods word The Bible daily" but check out our website daily!

The pressure on elders to Pioneer in August is already on. The letter says " publishers will be more inclined to auxiliary pioneer in August if they know that the elders, ministerial servants, and their families are in the forefront of the work. " " Field service group overseers should set an example" "

I am so glad that I am well out of it all

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"From a Biblical stand point, October is a month that many Bible Prophecies get fulfilled".

Invisibly, of course.

What is happening in August ? - A worldwide campagn with a new tract entitled " Where Can We Find Answers to Life’s Big Questions?"

Shouldn't the title of the campaign be, if WT truly believed its own rhetoric, "100 years of Christ's reign- Armageddon is imminent (again) !"

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

The kingdom ministrt of August is hall dedicated to the 100 years and new campaign pushing for record hours and magazine delivery. It's all about the Kingdom now.

• cult classic
    cult classic

roflmao designs, bigmac, stillin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit