If You Owned This Site Would It Be Any Different?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

lol @villagegirl.

Always a hoot to see people getting upset because people question the existence of their invisible sky friends. (oh with a little gay bashing mixed in)

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

FANTASTIC site.....fantastic information.....but I would update the forum.....the ads drive me nuts...particularly in the first post

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, I would banish almost everyone here!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is pretty lame for someone like me to be critical. This site has stood the test of time and has succeeded. I tip my hat to all have been a part of the success.

I have nothing in terms of recommendations. May be dancing bears, other than that - I got nothin.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Lost Generation The point I am trying to get across is, I do not care if you are an atheist.

No-one cares that you are an atheist. Or who you are. So why care what I believe ?

Why even say disrespectful things like "your little sky god" or imply that anyone who believes

in anything you don't is open game to be insulted ? Or can't think straight because they have

a different world view than you do ? Just let people BE. I don't even know who you are

and I hope I never meet you. But basically this site should be SAFE. If someone comes here out

of a cult and asks a religious question, and is evidently taking what the Watchtower says seriously

and have invested their life in it, and are now agonizing over scriptual points, let someone try to

help them gently see they way out in a way they can hear. And just a clue for you, to most people

lurking and trolling this site the atheists do much harm, because the WT can say " See told you so,

we are the place of spiritual safety, they are from Satan."

That is how others, who are not of your persuasion, who are here and looking on might see this forum.

It is after all called JWN which refers and attracts Jehovah's Witnesses and those who study with them

or might be thinking of joining or trying to get out. And if you think just saying stuff like

"your invisible sky god does not exist hahahah " is a big help to them - you are wrong.

So just ask yourself what good are you doing anybody and why are you here?

• cofty
    cofty

villagegirl - Personally I have written numerous threads that dismantle WT theology using the NWT.

I also have written many posts that encourage people to go beyond faith-based thinking and question everything supernatural.

That's why I'm here. How about you?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I love JWN, warts and all!

• DJS
    DJS

VG,

I stay out of theist conversations, but when the topic is open, I'm as likely as anyone to talk about imaginary creatures in the sky? Why? Because that's what they are. Deal with it. Lurkers and ex-Borgians NEED that. They were trapped in theism based on a faulty premise and belief system. What would you prefer, that they trade one failed belief system for another that looks pretty much exactly like it? Those who do so, IMHO, fail lurkers and newbies. I get sickened by the preachers and proseletyzers on this site. Vomiting sick. Wasn't the Borg enough? Didn't most of us join the Borg because we thought it had the truth, unlike the Catholics, Jews, Baptists, etc. etc.? What, now we replace it with yet another failed system? The mindset and inability to think rationally, analytically and objectively is a trap. If we sometimes have to do the verbal equivalent of bitch slapping people to get them to wake up, so be it.

You could not be more wrong. I knew of this site a long time ago and only recently joined, but the few times I poked around it a decade ago the hard-core preaching theists made me sick. So you would have ColdSteel, AbleBodiedDude, Objective Truth (don't you just LOVE that name), Perry and the recently departed Rev hold court on this site and trap all of the theists deeper?

You could not be more wrong. I don't interrupt, hijack or otherwise enter theist discussions; I get your drift there. Otherwise, you could not be more wrong. Oh, did I say that already? You. Could. Not. Be. More. Wrong.

• DJS
    DJS

And VG, when I exited the Borg, the 'Net and sites like this didn't really exist in this form. I wandered around for a few years, doing personal study, reflection and meditation, wondering how the hell I was fooled and trapped by the Borg for so long and had so much of my life wasted. Like others on this site, I haven't seen my Dub family in 2 decades.

I would have given anything to have had this site, as it currently is, with the atheists bitch slapping me into sensibility. I would have figured it all out a lot sooner. So stop speaking for all of us please. I was one of the lurkers, one of those hurt, one of those anguished, one of those not knowing, searching and looking. Do not try speaking for me. I would have given anything if a 1994 version of me was available on a place like this so that I didn't have to waste so much fukkkkkking time. Reel it in VG. You do not speak for all of us. The lurkers and newbies NEED us on this site, a helluva lot more than they need purple dinosaur group hugs, imaginary characters in the sky and high school graduates with intense bible learnin.

Deal with it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I'd have a literature corner for ex jws to put poetry, biographies, short stories and that and an art corner for members to display original works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit