If You Owned This Site Would It Be Any Different?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

No it wouldn't be the same, Simon does an excellant job. He is a very level headed person with a personality that is non egotistical.

I love the way that this forum layout encourages a collection of individual thoughts and opinions.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, no religious discussions allowed, they are too contentious.

JUST KIDDING! /

• Island Man
    Island Man

It's a great site information-wise. But I don't particularly like the format/appearance. The inability to change my Avatar is irritating. But I've read somewhere in an older thread that there's supposed to be an update so I'm looking forward to it. The .com version of the site has a more visually appealing interface but posting from there is . . . how exactly do you post from there?

• Simon
    Simon

I would improve the forum software.

Oh, wait ...

Yeah, there's lots of quirks and in between "real work" I try and improve things, expect a major leap ahead any decade now. The .com version is a preview of work-in-progress and eventually will allow posting, registration, avatar updating etc...

Re: the "god bashing". He's welcome to complain - unfortunately I refuse to accept complaints on other people's behalf.

Religion is so very different to race, color or sexuality. They are things that you *are* and cannot change - religion is a whim at best and a delusion at worse. It's OK to criticise and critique and if it's followers really think it's true then they should welcome and be confident that it can stand up to it. If they aren't ... well, that says it all really.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I LOVE THIS SITE!!

If I don't like a thread, I ignore it... simple as that. Take what I agree with and don't take what I don't agree with, simple as that!

THANK YOU SIMON!!

• minimus
    minimus

This site has a wonderful composite of personalities. Take away the differences, and this site would truly suffer. Thankfully, we are not all just clones.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Freedom of expression is hard to beat...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

VG said: No-one cares that you are an atheist. Or who you are. So why care what I believe ?

Why even say disrespectful things like "your little sky god" or imply that anyone who believes

in anything you don't is open game to be insulted ? Or can't think straight because they have

a different world view than you do ? Just let people BE. I don't even know who you are

and I hope I never meet you. But basically this site should be SAFE. If someone comes here out

of a cult and asks a religious question, and is evidently taking what the Watchtower says seriously

and have invested their life in it, and are now agonizing over scriptual points, let someone try to

help them gently see they way out in a way they can hear.

No one? Quite presumptious of you! Maybe you don't, but I owe a huge debt to the atheists posting on this board five years ago when I came out of the WT, the ones who took the time to explain logically why I should examine the whole idea of Christianity, not just the WT. I owe it to new ones coming out now to state my views, whatever they may be, not promote some sappy, sugar coated version of the Bible.

As to your complaint of my description of your God, I stated "invisible sky friend", which is exactly what he is. He is invisible, he lives in the sky, and he is your friend. If you take it as an insult, then present evidence that my facts are incorrect.

Finally, if someone asks a relgious question as you state in the end, its in the person's best interest to get multiple answers. Answers from Christians may tickle the ears of the questioner, but they deserve to hear real and uncensored logic from everyone else as well.

THAT is what is great about this forum, you can't just come in here and make claims without backing them up!

• darthfader
    darthfader

It would be nice to have a like rating or upvote capability. This way those of us who comment rarely get to "contribute" by adding weight to good comments and topics.

No negative votes either.

I like the site a lot! I think most of my problems come from using IE as a browser. Yes, I'm a techy and use IE...

cheers!

• factfinder
    factfinder

This is a very informative site and has helped me a great deal!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit