JWs in a frenzy!

by leaving_quietly 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

As a witness i couldnt get enough, all day all night , it had done something to my mind. It turned me in to " our people, over mankind". A man without a heart or soul, nothing but cold blooded showing inhumun distance from " the worldly race" .

I laugh about it now! its better than crying. And as a non witness i now have softer feelings even for " jehovers witnesses".

• FFtruther144
    FFtruther144

Watchtower-Free, Thank you very much for the reference!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Since I stepped down as an elder two years ago, I've had that time to study, and it TAKES that much time to study. My elder brother-in-law recently told me he has NO TIME for deep research like me.-leaving_quietly

I knew it I knew it I knew it, I always suspected I did more in depth study than many of the elders. I was talking to one the other day and I knew cherry picked scriptures better than him. To get RI'd you need to have a rainbow coloured WT all studied up and full researched, but the elders haven't got the time. It's ironic really cos the more we study the convoluted nonsense WT print, the more questions than anwers we get. And we all know you're not allowed to ask questions!!!!

I just knew it! Thankis for being honest about that. I love revelations like that.

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

the elders haven't got the time.

That was me when I was an elder.

There was a time when I wanted to put something together about the Apostles and their lives but I found nothing in the WT library of any use. Instead I just found infomercials to 'do more(tm)'.

I found the publications sterile. Absolutely devoid of interest or information. It was then that I started to feel uncomfortable about the WBT$'s agenda but supressed it.

As for a frenzy, I wouldn't put it that way..........it's just the usual guilt trip to give your money to the WBT$.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jwfacts - "The GB can frenzy all they like in the short term, but longevity for the religion will require significant doctrinal changes."

I dunno...

...I think they've painted themselves way too tightly into an ideological corner; it takes time for significant changes like that to remain stable, and the Information Age just doesn't give them that.

The degree of doctrinal overhaul they'd need to do would ultimately shatter the Organization.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sarahsmiles - "The problem is, they can't really see things for what they are."

Fundamentalists are almost pathologically incapable of grasping context or reading between the lines.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Awakenyr2004 - The power the mind has to keep us trapped in self destructive

belief systems and toxic relationships is a constant wonder to me too.

Yet there I was, dragging my innocent child through her childhood in that cult.

I sympathize with those that are fearfully stuck, knowing something is not right,

but locked into the cycle, the culture, may be a better word, the group-think,

the sense of "belonging". People need to see the light at the end of the tunnel,

the fact that there is hope and safety and spirituality on the "outside" that they

are the ones in the dark room starving to death and abundance and Grace are

waiting for them. "The truth will set you free" are the words of Jesus.

The "truth" about the Watchtower Society is they are anti-Christ and a cult.

• Comatose
    Comatose

If JW's were right and the foaming mouth frenzy they are in culminated in Armageddon in the near future...

I'd be HAPPY I am living my life my way on my time with my choices. I'd give the sky a big middle finger as I fell in a earthquake hole.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Comatose - "If JW's were right and the foaming mouth frenzy they are in culminated in Armageddon in the near future... I'd give the sky a big middle finger as I fell in a earthquake hole."

I can relate.

I'd rather perish with my family in the "Big A" than live for an eternity on a WT-ruled world.

• DJS
    DJS

Coma,

Why just one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit