JWs in a frenzy!

by leaving_quietly 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Anyone else get the distinct impression that JWs are being worked up into a frenzy with all the changes and activity nowadays? By the end of August, there will have been FOUR campaigns inside of a year. One last November, a Memorial campaign, a convention campaign and an advertise JW.org campaign.

Then there's the conventions with all the hooplah around that with all the video, and the aggrandizement of synchronized GB talks.

Then the new KH fund arrangement, which most JWs see as a good thing.

Then there's the constantly updated content on jw.org, including videos for little kids.

Then there's the comment about being ready to obey strange instructions.

The list can go on and on.

I feel like I'm the only person who sees this for all hype and frenzy over nothing. Am I alone in this? Why can't JWs see this for what it is? I was a little tyke in the 1975 era, so I don't know what it was like then, but I suspect it was pretty similar to what it is now.

Jesus said, "Keep on the watch." He didn't tell his followers to go nutty about it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have one "strange instruction". Everyone go onto Joy of Satan/Exposing Christianity before getting ready to dedicate your life to joke-hova. Having read that whole section, PLUS Crisis of Conscience, should be mandatory before one can become an unbaptized publisher. Reading both that web site and Crisis of Conscience will give you the broadest understanding of the whole platform, and allow you to make your best decision. Plus, the dedicaiton to joke-hova should be reserved for those who are by nature its "chosen people". People who are not naturally its "chosen people" have zero business dedicating their souls to whom will turn out to be their enemy.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Seeems like Jesus said to be on the lookout against those going into a frenzy didn't he?

• paladin
    paladin

Well we are 100 years since 1914. The WT$ wants workers not thinkers. I think it's time to wake up.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

My wife keeps making little aside comments about 100 years since 1914. Not sure how much longer I can resist an appropiate response.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think they are making hay while the sun shines. they are spinning this "100 years since 1914" THEIR WAY before folks get started thinking and wondering about the "history" and investigating it on their own. Keep them busy with the WT version of the story and they won't have time to do indepedent study.

• FFtruther144
    FFtruther144

leaving_quietly please tell me where you have heard or where is it documented about following a strange instruction.

I heard this comment from a visiting speaker at the kingdom hall and I'm so sorry I don't have a recording of that.

My mind is playing tricks on me because I was pretty sure I heard it at last year's convention too.

Doe anyone have something you can post that has this either recorded or in writing?

I need to share it with my wife as we have been arguing about this topic.

Thank you so much for showing me I'm not crazy!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

In a WT within the last 6 months or so. I bet you can search for it and find it. it seems like a fall issue

Also how about the one that clams all the wonderful works by Jehovoa since 1914.... what works? I thnik that was studies a month or so ago.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to OBEY any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

Watchtower study edition 2013 11/15 p.20

"At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem STRANGE or UNUSUAL. But
    all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not, because
    obeying these instructions will save our lives."

THE WATCHTOWER Simplified (STUDY EDITION) NOVEMBER 2013 page 20

• blondie
    blondie

jws will never ever reach that frenzy between 1966 and 1975 unless the WTS nails down a date again to shoot for....1914, 1925, 1975....end of 1914 generation in 1995.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit