So now those resurrected on Earth can marry?

by zophar 30 Replies latest jw friends

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Here is the link you need, to get all the online magazines from the beginning of JW.ORG:

http://www.jw.org/apps/index.xjp?option=QrYQCsVrGZNT&selLang=E

Other languages can change the last letter. For example S = Spain:

http://www.jw.org/apps/index.xjp?option=QrYQCsVrGZNT&selLang=S

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

We discussed the topic of an earthly resurrection and marriage at length back when I was in Bethel. I even got one of the Governing Body to chime in on the subject.

If you are interested, my story about it is here in a posting called:

False advertisements for a fake future that will never happen

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/205681/1/A-Bethel-Memory-17-False-advertisements-for-a-fake-future-that-will-never-happen#.U3_PsyiwRg0

Brock Talon

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LivingTheDream - "We discussed the topic of an earthly resurrection and marriage at length back when I was in Bethel. I even got one of the Governing Body to chime in on the subject. If you are interested, my story about it is here in a posting called: False advertisements for a fake future that will never happen."

I remember reading it.

One of the things that stuck with me was this little bit:

LivingTheDream - "To me then, it's like The Society is promising one thing to hook people in, then teaching an entirely different thing once they got them. That's classic bait and switch if you ask me."

Very perceptive.

That being said, I sometimes suspect that they really just don't think it through all that much (EDIT: which, obviously, has the very real potential to come back later and bite them on the ass, sometimes).

Of course, if they did, they'd probably end up here.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

What's the point in marrying if you have no genitals?

Maybe theocratically approved strap-ons.

Rub a Dub

• Listener
    Listener

The earthly paradise (TM) has now become a much more happified prospect for all the sheepies. Maybe there will be less JWs declaring themselves anointed.

It must be wonderful (in a demented kind of way) to be in control of the fantasies of millions of people, to decide on a whim the paradise you want to create for them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Those resurrected on Earth can marry? That's awesome because every single person alive right now will die "in this system of things" before any Armageddon comes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sometimes when I'm in a shitty mood, I catch myself suspecting that the WTS's claim that resurectees wouldn't marry (or - in a more extreme form - that sex wouldn't happen at all in the NS) was simply because they themselves had lousy sex lives, and derived some comfort from believing that soon, everyone else would too.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Listener”: “The earthly paradise (TM) has now become a much more happified prospect for all the sheepies. Maybe there will be less JWs declaring themselves anointed.”

That’s a really good point! It’s interesting to see how the GB can be manipulating things behind the scenes. It’s like they’re saying, “Just shut up and pass the bread and wine along to the person next to you, and no nibbling/sipping. Don’t worry, we think you just may get “lucky” (laid) if you make it into the new system.”

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Vidiot”: “Living forever and never having sex again? With anyone?? EVER??? That's not Paradise. That's Hell.”

Another possibility is that maybe in the earthly resurrection / new system, everyone will have genitals and a sex drive as they do now, but for population control maybe eventually God will command that instead of having normal heterosexual sex with other humans, we will only be allowed to have sex with the animals.

Actually, the GB used to propose that Adam was allowed to have sex with the beasts before Eve was created! Here is the quote: “Before God created anything new, a woman, God left the man free to determine whether there was a suitable companion for him among all the lower animals. He did not oblige the man to go seeking a companion among them, thus requiring the use of much time on the man’s part, but Jehovah God brought various beasts of the earth and flying creatures of the heavens before the man.” – Life Everlasting – In Freedom of the Sons of God, p. 45, par. 22, ©1966 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. That was in a post about seven years ago on this site, at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/126142/1/Society-unsure-about-Adams-Sexual-Orientation#.U4OIDxYS9QE.

Also, the WTS surmised that Adam had originally been created with both masculine and feminine qualities! This was published in the really old book Photo Drama of Creation. That book states: “Adam possessed originally in his own person the qualities masculine and feminine which subsequently were divided between him and his wife, when she was taken from his side. – Genesis 2:21-23; 1 Corinthians 11:8.” This is another similar quote from that same book which also mentions the resurrection: “Another suggestion has been offered: Jesus declared that those who attain to that resurrection will neither marry nor be given in marriage. As Adam originally possessed all the qualities of character, masculine and feminine, so humanity, when fully restored to the image and likeness of God, will re-attain perfection of individuality. Sex divisions will then be no more. Earth will be filled with sufficient population. – Luke 20:35, 36.” That was in a post about eleven years ago on this site, at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/43481/1/Photodrama-of-Creation#.U4OJTRYS9QG.

I guess when it comes to the earthly resurrection, the WTS’ ideas certainly go all over the place!

Some other possibilities I myself thought of are: Maybe God will command only allowing homosexuality instead of heterosexuality. Or, maybe God will allow human sexuality but only with alternatives to actual intercourse. Or, maybe God will allow normal heterosexual intercourse as He does now but somehow make male and female humans completely infertile/barren at a cellular level. Those are just my personal thought experiments. I suppose that sort of personal speculation is okay, but I wouldn’t shoot myself in the foot by actually publishing it in a book!

• jam
    jam

SAHS: Are you for real, " Adam was allowed to have sex among all the

lower animals". They put this in print?? If I had read that before becoming

a JW, I would have realized these people GOD is a sex crazed maniac.

You mean God did not realize that Adam "MAY" need a companion, he didn't

think that far ahead. So until he figured a suitable companion for Adam, miss

sheep or miss chimpanzee would do fine.WTH......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit