So now those resurrected on Earth can marry?

by zophar 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

So those Angels that was peeping in folks bedrooms and apparently

became aroused (Noah's day) forsook their dwelling place and even

though they was neither male or famale decided to marry the women

here on earth. Question, who in the hell were the daddies for those big

babies???? Villagegirl.....I think those angels had sex.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

All this speculation would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. The entire 'resurrection' hope is just made-up drivel. There will be no resurrection. When you're dead, you're dead. That's all, Folks!!

• jam
    jam

Bingo, Navytown...Never have and never will be a resurrection.

• Comatose
    Comatose

hahaha no sex or feelings for it in heaven. Except for when the angels came and bopped hairy, dirty, desert, goat herder girls.

• Terry
    Terry

I put this in the same category as monopoly money.

• blondie
    blondie

The point is not whether there is a resurrection but proving there is not a resurrection to people who do believe that. One way could be showing how absurd their concept is when trying to answer the question, will the resurrected on earth marry.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Personally, I think that it just makes sense that Jesus would have been referring to the heavenly resurrection, because the whole idea behind him coming to earth at that time was to gather the congregation of anointed Christians (the “little flock”), which would be formally established at Pentecost in 33 C.E. That’s what Jesus’ disciples were supposed to be looking forward to. The “great crowd” of “other sheep” wasn’t mentioned until the apostle John wrote about it later in his book of Revelation around 96-98 C.E. The “Jonadab class” of “other sheep” wasn’t even identified by the WTS until 1935.

So, I can’t imagine Jesus talking about the earthly resurrection at that time when he was talking to the Sadducees. That wouldn’t have fit in with this heavenly kingdom theme and probably would have just confused things.

As for the earthly resurrection, that would occur in the “new system of things,” which I understand is supposed to be a time eventually leading to the restoration of God’s original purpose for humans on the earth – which was to be fruitful and fill the earth (multiply) and enjoy everlasting life as married couples on a Paradise earth. Now, I can understand that eventually earth’s expanding population would have to reach a limit, but it just seems basically cruel and unnatural (perverted) for there to be people living single and denied natural affection and intimacy with a mate of the opposite sex for an eternity (while always observing the animals getting to enjoy humping each other, which are supposed to be lower life forms than humans).

The no-marriage, no-sex theory regarding the earthly Paradise just doesn’t make any sense at all. I mean, what would be the point?

• Heaven
    Heaven

What's the point in marrying if you have no genitals?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

SAH S - "The no-marriage, no-sex theory regarding the earthly Paradise just doesn’t make any sense at all. I mean, what would be the point?"

No kidding.

Living forever and never having sex again? With anyone?? EVER???

That's not Paradise.

That's Hell.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Anyone have the link? I'm not finding it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit