ELDER BOOK to be HANDED OVER to Min.of Justice (FINLAND)

by RagingBull 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I'm sure they will give them everything, no edited copies. But has anyone ever seen an elder's manual from Finland? It is entirely possible that it is different for Finnish elders... not that it matters.

Until now, only senior members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses Committee have had access to the congregation's secret book of rules.

Only the senior members.... and everyone with an internet connection.

MMM

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Are there really that many notes in the new flock book? Are there different versions for different countries? I think the unedited US book (at least in English) is enough to show that institutionally enforced shunning is practiced. I'm assuming that's what is against Finnish law.

I have a hard time thinking that this would impact practices in most countries especially the US where religion can pretty much do what they want.

I could see the WTS having a set of rules for Finland and another set for the rest of the world. They simply can't drop shunning, they would lose way too many people!

• RagingBull
  • confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

When I was an elder I remember every elders meeting with the C.O. was packed full of updates. As a amatter of fact they stated they made the margins larger so that we could easily add notes and updates.

In regards to Juducial Committees alone the pages are laced with items. My last elders school we were told to no longer seek to give people ways to avoid punishment. Then a 30 minute diatribe on how to administer justice etc...

What is worse is the fact that they always have you write in the book, see letter dated blah blah blah. This is the stuff she will not see.

I am going to scribe an email to this woman stating that retrieving a copy of a local congregation elders book will have a ton more references to letters that alter the material the book says.

• KateWild
    KateWild

CAA,

Thanks for that. It's interesting they use the word punishment, yet in the WTs they profess Dfing is all about guidance. When I read it I was disgusted to find out that instead of under the chapter to build up the flock, that the topic of rape was in the JC section. So them on top of that the elders are not supposed to find a way ones avoid punishment. Good example thanks.

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Should we be e-mailing links to Jwfacts.com??

DD

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I just sent an email to the law office stating that they need to request a personal copy of the elders book or they will not be exposed to the true rules of the WTBTS. I hope they decide to make an adjustment because if they see a personal copy of this book it will be far more damaging.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Of course, the Minister of Justice will not receive all of the hand written notes that every elder is instructed to add into their books during elder schools and from CO's letters when they visit.

Very clever - they pre-empted this already.

Splash.

Exactly. The worst self-damning stuff is in notes. They'll get a note-free copy.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ha!! I love how the minister of justice is a woman!! Imagine! A female handling and looking into the Shepherding Book! (I want to call the shepherding book "The Rules of Acquisition" lol!)

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Wait till she sees the part that states one can be kicked out for choosing specific types of medical treatment.

Also reading over my book I find it funny that it says, "A person would not be dealt with judicially for persistent association with a disfellowshipped one unless, "persistent SPIRITUAL association" or he "openly criticizes the disfellowshipping decision."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit