ELDER BOOK to be HANDED OVER to Min.of Justice (FINLAND)

by RagingBull 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Syme
    Syme

Come on guys, this is good news as it is!

Even without the handwritten notes, the Shepherd book is a *piece of art* in its own right. Let them send a blank copy; no problem. When the minister reads it, I'm sure she'll be shocked and appalled.

I've known and used this book (and the old one) in various occasions (if you know what I mean). Especially the part which describes the judicial procedure, is bound to give the minister the chills. It is Maleus Maleficarum of the 21st century. No handwritten notes are needed. IF it reaches the minister's hands indeed, and she reads it, she will know exactly what to do. But that's a big ''IF'' there: we don't know yet the outcome of this effort. Let's not be too optimistic, the WTS has survived through harsher inquiries.

RagingBull, please keep us posted if and when we have further news :)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

That way, she will establish that they have all been given the same instructions from the Org, as opposed to one Elder's personal notes being discounted if challenged!

As I do not have the knowledge, I'm assuming then that the updates are a letter that is READ to the BOE - is that correct?
    And then is that by the CO or the CoBE, or both?

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Muddy - I was thinking the same thing. Ha ha. Go get 'em, girl.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

She is probably a lesbo. If I was the GB, I would say, " Shut up, and make me a sandwich! I tell YOU what to do!!" I hope someone actually contacts the authorities, instead of just thinking about it. When in doubt, hit the "send" button!!!

DD

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The Searcher - Never underestimate the stupidity and arrogance of the Governing Body : )

Lets hear it for Finland - Three cheers for Finland !!!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

berrygerry "I'm assuming then that the updates are a letter that is READ to the BOE"

Basically ... at least when I was an elder ... as I recall anything that was to be written in was conveyed verbally by CO during visit or at the periodic elder schools. When I was appointed an elder and given a fresh new manual I was told to get another elder's copy to get his notes and write them in mine.

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

I don't really understand why Finland is doing this. I don't agree with many JW doctrines. However, I believe that a group of people should be able to excommunicate whoever they want from their group. This is called freedom of religion. It sucks, I know. But I would rather have my own personal freedom and allow JWs to continue shunning. I don't really understand the need for governments to manage shunning. Its called personal responsibility. If a JW parents wants to shun their child, well that sucks! But, shame on them. Its their responsibility and they will have to answer to the creator.

However, if Finland is worried about child abuse cases being dealt with in the congregation and not reported to them, that is a different story and completely legitimate.

And also, Finland screwed their sovereignty when they signed into the EU. Even if they acted against the JWs, the JWs could appeal the the EU high court.

• outinthemeadows
    outinthemeadows

Lol...secret book? This must be the most promelgated secret book I've ever heard of. Just about everyone I know has a copy of it.......this is so funny.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

@lambsbottom ... they're doing it because it's a HUMAN RIGHTS issue. That trumps RELIGIOUS RIGHTS! DON'T YOU THINK? maybe you don't.

In the middle east...a woman is about to be EXECUTED for "APOSTASY" (she's not MUSLIM)...that's THEIR religious view. DO YOU THINK THAT IS RIGHT?

What if your JOB held secret JUDICIARY meetings that could affect (not only your income) your social and private life...and because your family used their products or services, THEY were no longer able to COMMUNICATE with you?... you'd be fine with that?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@RagingBull:

lambsbottom is right - there is no human rights violation here. Everyone has the right (a true right) to freedom of association. That means that someone can choose not to associate with someone else. You are NOT entitled to anyone's association - that is thier choice, not yours.

@lambsbottom ... they're doing it because it's a HUMAN RIGHTS issue. That trumps RELIGIOUS RIGHTS! DON'T YOU THINK? maybe you don't.

Can you tell me what the human right is? Can you list it?

In the middle east...a woman is about to be EXECUTED for "APOSTASY" (she's not MUSLIM)...that's THEIR religious view. DO YOU THINK THAT IS RIGHT?

You are comparing someone choosing not to associate with certain people to taking someone's life. When you take someone's life, you violate a true negative right - the right to their own life. But you can't force someone to talk to you if they don't want to - even if you could, then it would be you that would be violating a true right.

What if your JOB held secret JUDICIARY meetings that could affect (not only your income) your social and private life...and because your family used their products or services, THEY were no longer able to COMMUNICATE with you?... you'd be fine with that?

What? So I have a job.. and my boss decides they want to fire me? You mean beause they don't like me? Well, ok, but they will soon be out of business and I will soon be down the road at a new job. And how are my former employers going to affect my life after they fire me? This example doens't make sense. The bottom line is that JWs have the right to choose who they do and don't want to associate with. This is a REAL right. Again, I would ask that you list what right you think is being violated. Put it into words.

MMM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit