An increase in security at this summer's conventions??

by gingerbread 34 Replies latest jw friends

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

We've heard from friends in two separate congregations in our city that convention security will be tight.

The brothers made announcements this week and reminded everyone to be sure to wear their name badges. Those that don't may be questioned and have their belongings searched. The same will be happen to anyone arriving during the sessions. The comment was made in one hall that purses and lunch boxes may be opened.

Is anyone else in the US or Canada hearing this kind of chatter?

ginger

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WTF??! No JW attendant is searching any of my stuff.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

From what I have heard, if you just pull down your pants a bit and show the jw.org tatoo on your backside, you are good to go.

Rub a Dub

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Those that don't [wear their name badges] may be questioned and have their belongings searched.

Will it say that on the invitations that each congregation will inevitably distribute in their territory just prior to their convention?

That's a non-starter. I don't believe it. It just sounds like more JW bullshit to try and create an artificial sense of impending doom and gloom.

Bad, bad world!

Good, good, JW.

Don't make Jehovah sad: wear your name badge like a good little drone.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just another TSA tactic. Either you display your embarrassment badge, or they will ransack your belongings. You have money, you donate it into the Worldwide Damnation Fund or else. You have items not found appropriate (and this is more than just weapons or booze in glass bottles--your Fenix LD22 could well be subject to censorship), they could be confiscated and not returned (stolen) or you could be harassed and hounded.

Better yet, don't go at all. Not only you avoid the TSA within the venue, but you avoid wasting your time on what is to be the grandest damnation working ever. Don't go, and you miss out on the wonderful opportunity to have total spiritual damnation.

• jam
    jam

Can we say Paranoid...Poor people, no one gives a sh--t about

JW's....Evidently we must be doing a hell of a job..

Maybe they consider us as terrorist. What the hell are

they looking into your purse for? A registered Democrat or a card carrying

Apostate.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I may go to the convention this summer and just pretend I'm an interested person and see what happens, especially when I tell them I've lost interest.

• steve2
    steve2

To lose interest is careless Jeff. Surely you don't forget where you last left it? It is not as if interest should just be left lying around unattended. I don't know how many times I have picked up other people's interest that they carelessly lost. Smarten up Jeff. I tell you this because I care.

• Splash
    Splash

I'm attending again at this years DC so I'll see if we are given any different instructions compared to previous years.

If anything the security last year was reduced due to the 'watcher' teams being disbanded and included into the regular attendant teams.

Splash.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

No one is allowed to search your things unless it's security hired by the building owners and with very strong probable cause or the police. No one has the legal right to search your or your things other wise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit