Can we be deleted as an appointed man, or disfellowshipped without meeting in a committee?

by stuckinarut2 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So, I am genuinely wondering if the above is possible nowdays?

With the changes in the power structure of CO's, the changes in GB directives re never questioning "jehovah's appointed channel etc", I wonder if "disciplne can be given out in absence?

I know that several elders in our cong have little "discussions" about my apparant slackening off, and would love to take action against me... They have tried to chat with me but that has been shot down.

So I wonder if they could just make a decision without me being present for it??

• label licker
    label licker

Just wave bye bye as your walking away from them and five hours later you will get a phone call telling the wife your husband has been df'd. Ok, so he called them babylon the great and that they were the whores. No need to be nasty to my hubby:) True story!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey label licker...sounds like there is a doozy of a story behind your comment?...sounds interesting....

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

The body of elders can decide to delete/remove an appointed man for reasons like these: lack of taking the lead in F.S., Family difficulties that set a bad example. Poor meeting attendance. When the C.O. visits the body states their reasons and the final decision is made.

If an appointed man has done a serious enough sin that a committee is required, then his priveledges will be taken away. For a servant to refuse to meet with the JC, well that is not tolerated. Not only would the position be removed, but the action of not meeting with the J.C. would be interpreted as not "repentant."

It has to be understood that specific details about a case would allow a more specific answer. Each case is different.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If they (BOE) have decided they don't like you, they will almost certainly be discussing how to "deal with the problem"

in meetings where you are not present.

If they are intent on getting rid of you they pretty much decide in absentia and then call some bogus meeting under the guise of discussing the issue.

But in actual fact your fate has already been decided upon and you be given a offer you can't refuse.

Which may go something like"step down or we will delete you " (basically the "we can do this the hard way or the easy way" speech)

Any reluctance on your part to "speak " with them will be taken down as evidence of your being uncooperative (more reason to get rid of you.)

I don't wish to alarm you, but if they already have you in their sights you are pretty much a "dead man walking", unless you do some pretty inventive zigs to their zags.

The only thing you can be certain of is that, what you see is definitely NOT all there is.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

well then sparrowdown... "dead man walking' it is then...

RIP me!

I know I am in the sights of a few very overrighteous elders....They hate the undercurrent I have stirred up.....

• Scully
    Scully

Apparently, it's been happening for a while.

Several years ago a couple of Elders™ visited the house and spoke with Mr Scully outdoors. When he was telling me about the visit afterward, Mr Scully remarked that they had asked him if he 'considered himself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses'. He told them that he did not. I told him that it was a trick question - they'd likely announce that he Disassociated™ himself. About a year later, my suspicion was confirmed by a JW lady who dropped by to say hello. Though she claimed that he "wrote a letter and Disassociated™ himself" - she explained that it was announced from the platform not long after that initial visit. I told her that it was a lie and that there was never a letter written. She is convinced that there must have been a letter, otherwise The Brothers™ wouldn't have made that announcement. I said that I'd like to see that letter for myself and that she could ask her husband, an Elder™, to bring the letter over and she could see it for herself. She's never come back.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Seriously scully?.

wow...that's amazing!

so very very bad form of them....

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Yeah your fate has already been sealed :)

I remember when they met with me to say they were going to remove me, I didn't even put up a fight. I said, "OK. Great." I think they were a little surprised. I also remember how they 'wanted to help me' so I could be an MS again. I guess their idea of help is 1 shepherding call in 3 years.

• cantleave
    cantleave

There is no committee for a deletion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit