Can we be deleted as an appointed man, or disfellowshipped without meeting in a committee?

by stuckinarut2 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Its all plus signs from here on out......
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I was df'd in absentia. Not even an invitation. At least you're no longer stuck in a rut.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

dude, grow a beard, buy a Harley, and take the ol lady for a ride......a long one ...

. . . . . and then let her check out the Harley.

Doc

• Stirred
    Stirred

Dear Stuck......

So they have unilaterally removed you from position but not as an active JW. Right?  Family and friends may question and this could be opportunity to put it out there that based on your trying to find your way with all the changes, they deleted you fir not unquestioningly accepting and promoting all the new changes..... or however you would explain it so you don't come off as apostate but as a sincere brother who must internally comprehend and believe before you can promote, etc.

Good can come from this.  Think of the pressure that will be off you now.

peace

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You had to know in your heart of hearts that this day was coming though, right?

It might not feel like it now, but seriously, they have done you a favor.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, I knew it was coming...

But I have not been given ANY reason....All I was told was "your personality is at odds with the rest of the body"!

I asked them to open the bible and go through Timothy and Titus and review the qualifications. They flatly refused to do that! 

I called that out. I said, "I guess the scriptural qualifications have nothing to do with appointments now"

When asked for clarification, or specifics, they gave me none!

I insisted that this was a pure personality clash, and that it is just because I was not being harsh like the rest of body,or inclined to be critical of our brothers and sisters. My default setting is to be positive and think the best of all in the cong. to see their good points, not to look for their faults...

They even involved the CO....who just parroted the influential elders comments.

I realised then, that if someone or a group wants to form a negative view, there is little one can do to change opinions.

However, I am very happy to be out of the "boys club" , and it will help the fade much better. AND it has really shaken my family! I believe their eyes have been opened to that fact that there is little "scriptural or spiritual" about the org....

I just resent the slanderous views they have promoted amongst the cong....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "...it is just because I was not being harsh like the rest of body,or inclined to be critical of our brothers and sisters. My default setting is to be positive and think the best of all in the cong. to see their good points, not to look for their faults..."

No offense, but frankly, I'm astonished you were appointed in the first place.

The WT mindset is, at its core, conservative and authoritarian...

...and a foundational axiom of the conservative/authoritarian worldview (religious or secular) is that human beings are fundamentally and irreperably bad, can never be trusted to do the right thing, and thusly need to be kept on a short leash for their own damn good and everyone else's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit